Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eastfork?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastfork?

How is eastfork looking is it low still? can you launch anywhere and how is the fishing just got back from Weiss Lake and Iam itching to get out.

Bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bubba222. Key word for East Fork is MUDDY. You can launch from the dam and I believe Bantam is open, but you might want to double check Bantam. I'm not sure if Afton is ready yet or not. It was closed last time I was over there, but it didn't look like they were really doing much to it. It may be open by now? They are blowing the water out the dam as fast as it will move to get the lake back down to finish the improvements on the ramps and docks. The lake was real close to summer pool yesterday evening, but I'm sure it's back down below by now. I fished a little yesterday evening and didn't have a lot of luck, but I didn't fish real hard either. I mainly wanted to just get out, make sure everything is ready to go with the boat. Won't be long now. 2 weeks from this Sunday! Water was 43 degrees right before the sun went down on the dam side. Probably a little warmer today. The only good thing about muddy water is it warms faster.
    How'd Weiss go? My dad just got down there yesterday and said it was a little slow and chilly. It still kills me I had to miss the trip this year...
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Went to eastfork today, Still muddy, and 38-40 degree water temps. The only ramp open is the dam ramp. water is still flying out of the spillway. Didnt have any luck marked alot of fish around the 15-20 foot range though. As for weiss the saturday we where down there they had snow on the ground and 50 degree water temps. we struggled I think for 4 days we caught around 50 fish but only about 20 or so where keepers. But it was still a good trip. We cought them fish minnows vertically in about 20 foot of water suspended at 10-12 foot.
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a wierd year for weather. Looks like Alabama has been affected by it too. My dad is down there now and said they are really turning on. Most years you would have been down there at the perfect time. We got down the march 14-19 last year and it was the most amazing trip of my life. Just hit or miss when you have to plan so far ahead. As far as East Fork, it's pretty ugly right now, huh? Most of the fish I marked Wednesday were pretty much the same depth as yours. Tough to catch fish in that mud when they are that deep. Won't be long and they'll be thinking of moving in toward the spawning areas. Hopefully that first tournament we hit them just right and find 'em stacking up getting ready to move up. I'm sure the water won't be much more than 50 or so by then.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the tournement schdule looking like for east fork
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First one is next Sunday, March 30. The next is April 13. It is actually right on the Ohio forum right now.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

It's up almost 24' today. Is the dam ramp still usable?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope! Not unless your float tubin' it. The water is up past the turn around. Big STOP sign and roadblock across it. I sure hope it goes back down quick. I'm off Thursday and friday next week and really want to get some fishing in.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Up another half foot today; even if they bring it down 4 feet a day, it won't hit summer pool until about Wed, or winter pool until Thurs.

Post Thanks / Like

No ramps are accesible to launch. But when i was over there at the dam ramp this morning the water was up past the turn around. They have a stop sign up right at the waters edge, but some special person felt they would move it and launch there boat from there. How stupid can you be, with that lake being up that high. Just imagine all the stuff you could hit under the water that you would even see with the lake flooded as much as it is. Talk about havin it bad to get out on the lake in these conditions. Your right there CRAPPIEMAX about it bein 24 plus. Well doesnt look to good for the first eastfork tourney fellers. Guess we'll just wait and see what happins. Take care yall and good fishin.
    O_C_B