Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Makers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Makers

Who or what company actually make their blanks in the good ole USA ?
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

Very few. Loomis, the higher-end St. Croix's, Dorber ... maybe a few more. (Fly rods are a different story.)

The cheaper the rod, the more likely it's made overseas.

Post Thanks / Like

The only line of poles by StCroix not made in the US are the new cheaper Triumph series. I think its a huge mistake for a company like StCroix to cheapen their image with these rods. Other rods that are made in america are All Pro, Falcon, Orvis, Sage, Gloomis, Lamiglass, Grandt, Razr, some of Cabelas rods are made in the US.

I'm sure I'm missing some. There are some real obscure companies out there that make their own stuff and are popular regionally, but have not caught on nationally, and also some of the companies above who still build blanks here do import cheaper blanks from overseas and get tricky with what they call made in the USA. They also change often, so the only way to really know is to call the companies and get it from the horses mouth. You also have to consider that nearly all rod components are foreign as well with the big name being Fuji.

Something interesting quoted from the Kistler site even though they import.

"None of these opportunities would be possible without the loving faithfulness of our God in heaven. The faith that I have in His Son, Jesus Christ, gives me the strength, courage and will to trust Him and His plan for my life. Nothing else really matters in life more than how I try to honor God by pleasing others such as my family, friends, employees, customers and other business associates. Everything else just falls into place. Just like Jesus said in the book of Matthew 6:33: “Seek first His kingdom and everything else will be added.” If we can’t believe His words and the other words in God’s Playbook, I ask you, who and what can we believe? What or who on earth can give us better instruction, truth about life, or plans for eternity?

I encourage you place your faith in Christ and give your life to God. Trust Him to provide the answers to the questions you have in life by asking Him to help. He is like a good father who is ready and eager to help his son or daughter with anything they ask of Him."

Pretty cool huh?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    Something interesting quoted from the Kistler site even though they import.

"None of these opportunities would be possible without the loving faithfulness of our God in heaven. The faith that I have in His Son, Jesus Christ, gives me the strength, courage and will to trust Him and His plan for my life. Nothing else really matters in life more than how I try to honor God by pleasing others such as my family, friends, employees, customers and other business associates. Everything else just falls into place. Just like Jesus said in the book of Matthew 6:33: “Seek first His kingdom and everything else will be added.” If we can’t believe His words and the other words in God’s Playbook, I ask you, who and what can we believe? What or who on earth can give us better instruction, truth about life, or plans for eternity?

I encourage you place your faith in Christ and give your life to God. Trust Him to provide the answers to the questions you have in life by asking Him to help. He is like a good father who is ready and eager to help his son or daughter with anything they ask of Him."

Pretty cool huh?
    I wanted to buy a certain Kistler -- a two-piece, 7' spinning rod (the only two-piecer they make.) I had to call their headquarters to get it, and I ended up talking to Trey Kistler about the rod. He is a SUPER nice guy and was very helpful.