Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks Crappie .com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Crappie .com

I think that this is the best site on the internet period ,hands down, no where else can you be allowed to express your opinions so openly in what you believe ,be it good ,bad or ugly. I want to thank Ed, Crappiepappy and all moderators for letting us do our thing. Even when some consider someone's opinion as trash talk or can't handle constructive critisism, I value all opinions. Just to make this a fishing thread, I am now going fishin. ( ps) I don't have any sponsors to please nor am I selling anything ,so I call like I see it and I see it like I call it.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 03-13-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Second that thought.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Crappie Website.

Well, I Have been thinking to post the same thing as you Outlaw. After the professional someone else (don't want to be considered a trashy talker) basically said this site is trashy well he just probably lost 8000 plus possible customers and no telling how many that just browses this wonderful website. I would think that would be a bad business move and also word of mouth can make or break small companies. I belive this is the best crappie/panfish website there is. That is why I have a link from my website to this website. There is too many great fishermen and women on here giving great solutions and advice about fishing. So hammer down and catch some fish and tell me about them.

TT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not afraid to name names in this instance. I'm sure your referring to Darryl from CUSA, and like many others who have little knowledge of crappie.com he saw a few posts and make a snap judgment. I am also sure that like many others if Darryl returns, as he should and I hope he does because he sounds like a good guy to me who was just defending something he loves, he will see what a high quality site this is and will participate here as he should given the nature of his business. I'm sure it would benefit us and him both. A good example is Ernest Paty, he also started out a bit roughly, simply because we didn't know him and he didn't know us till we both took the time to learn, but now I think we all see he's a good guy and will be a valuable participant here. I think the same goes for Darryl, and I sincerely hope he returns and takes a good close look at Crappie.com. I guarantee it will benefit him and his business and us as well for the long haul.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree completely.

If I may have gotten under anybody's skin over that whole deal. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to stir the pot or keep any of the he-said, she-said stuff going.

I was just a little concerned at the first impression someone new would get if either of those threads happened to be where they started reading. I personally thought that some very good questions were asked, and eventually answered straight from the horse's mouth. Just the tone of how some of those questions didn't ring true with the personality of this group. Like I said, visit most any Bass forum (I admit that I do every now and then) and you'll see the kind of thing I'm talking about. Those two threads hadn't gotten too awful bad yet by bass forum standards, but they seemed to be heading that way and I thought it might be good to remind folks that we're about crappie, not bass. My mistake - it obviously opened a whole new can of worms and I lost my cool with another member. Not something I'm proud of and something I've made a point of apologizing for via PM, and publicly here, to that member I ragged on - I'm sorry for doing exactly what I was trying to get folks to not do, and for getting on your case.

Let's all get back to hunting crappie... for me, as soon as the ice is out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you got the your last word in. Now here's mine. You said you didn't talk trash. Why keep up the negative posts? The funniest thing is......... You posted your comments (whether positive or negative) and they (Crappie USA) answered you. They answered you with a thorough explaination. Why continue to bash? I asked the question myself about Amateur Status and it was answered. I left it alone. GET OFF THE HORSE, IT'S DEAD!! I learned at a young age "SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO STIR THE POT, THEN SET BACK AND WATCH IT." Your complaints were addressed. You then back-peddled on yourself brown-nosin Crappie.com (thanking them) in case you were in the wrong. Now you just want to bash! This is my first and last negative post. Suspend me or whatever, something needed said to this guy!
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is not about cusa ,but that thread did make me realize how important this site is. Please do not involve me in any more discussion about that or them. I am no longer a member of that orginization nor do I choose to be ,no ties and I do not care what they do or say , sorry if some took this the wrong way, and I also do not appreciate being personally attacked for voicing my opinion about something that I was a PAID in FULL,card carrying member of and I did not personally attack anyone. Get this straight right now,I do not answer to ANYONE and that includes YOU, so in closing let me say this, you also do not know the full story behind my posts,so from now on before you blab off, please think first or just pm and get the full story from the person that posts. ......... Thank you.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 03-13-2008 at 12:24 PM.