Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie on Toledo Bend 4/2/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie on Toledo Bend 4/2/05

Got a chance to go crappie fishing with some friends Saturday night with green lights over submerged structure and we caught 106 keepers the biggest one's only about two pounds...had a lot of fun and will post a picture when I figure out how.....just joined the forum...nice forum....we were fishing 21 ft water down about 8 ft under boat...had a blast......

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, that is great to hear. Congratulations! I was at Six Mile over the weekend and didn't even get a bite. I sure wish I had some buddies to help put me on some fish over there.

fishinismylife Guest

Default bank fishing areas?

106 WOW! I see CAMOMAN where you are from Jasper and oppelouses is from Sam Rayburn. I will be down in your neck of the woods last weekend of this month on a golfing trip at Rayburn Country. Is there any bank fishing area close by to catch a few crappie? Will not have my boat with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Oppelousas,,,we were at six mile also....that was my first ever trip on Toledo...the night before the guys caught 57 but I was on Rayburn trying green lights and the weather was too bad and we only caught two small keepers... "fishinismylife....I am not much on crappie fishing actually this is my first time in 20 years to try and I am loving it...the fishing hole we went to is not mine and I don't know of any other places...sorry...but if I do hear of any I will post....Think I am fixing to become a die hard crappie fisherman....it's a blast and dang good eat'n.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes CAMOMAN, it is a wonderful feeling catching them good 'ol crappie! I have fished for the last 25 years of my life and crappie is always my favorite. I went this morning on Rayburn but had no luck, AGAIN! The wind was terrible. Good luck to you in the future and maybe we will meet one day.

Fishinismylife, I live about 2 miles from the golf course. You will see a few creeks on hwy. 1007 that you can fish from. Or, you could go to Twin Dikes Marina where there is a pier you could fish from. I think it costs about 3 dollars a day at the pier. I have caught many crappie there over the years and still fish around it from my boat. Good luck and good golfing.

Post Thanks / Like

oppelousas,
    highline cove usually holds some crappie this time of the year out of 6 mile. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sticko. I will give it a try.