Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy

jighead Guest

Default New guy

would like to go to realfoot lake herd the crappie fishing was great. should i take my own boat , or rent one there?

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from warrior ,al

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Arkansas, Have no Idea about Reelfoot!
    Don't rip er mouth,
    Budro:

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jighead. I will give you some information here but you need to jump over to the Tenn. board as well because the fishing reports are being update daily. The guys will help you out when the time comes to catch some slabbies.

If I were you I would take my own boat. I wouldn't take a Ranger or a Triton but if you have something resonable. The water is up and the lake looks great. Will you hit a stump? Probably, but you don't do more than 3-4 mph moving around from place to place. There are also markers out from the boat ramps that kind of help you navigate a little. You will be much better off in your own boat.

I will be Thurs. and Sat. and will have my 18ft. Xpress w/ 90 Yammie. Just take it easy and all will be good. Don't forget to let us know when your coming down. Pm me when you're ready.

The Hound
    Last edited by CrappieHound; 03-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of shallow stumps all over it. We usually get a package deal when we go that includes room and a john boat with small motor but another fella in our group takes his own. People say stay in the channels and you are OK but I'm a little leary. Make sure you take a couple big anchors if you are going to use their boats and think you may want to anchor up in open water becouse the ones they have in boats are not much and won't hold the boat in high wind conditions. I know that's not often the preferred method but we have found some stumps holding alot of good fish that we wanted to spend a little extra time on. I've been down there several times and can't get the nerve to take my own boat. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps a little and hope you have a good trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Jighead, welcome to the site!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jighead...........From Central Indiana
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Upstate NY!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Texas
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jighead, I have been going to reelfoot since 1971. I have seen all kinds of water and weather conditions. I have stayed at a lot of different places. They were not all created equal. Rent a boat on your first trip!!!! You'll be glad you did. You can't go fast anyway so why risk the lower unit and/or transom of your boat? I don't work for anybody at reelfoot but if you want to PM me I would be glad to give you a heads up on what I know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast