Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Nibbles Less Filling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles Less Filling

Last night I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some more crappie nibbles. But they were in a smaller jar. The jar is the same diameter but shorter. Now the jars are coming with a plastic lid instead of the metal lid. And the price WENT UP!. What is the world coming to? LOL

I swear by these crappie nibbles ever since I started using them. They sure are cheaper than buying minnows. So far they have really helped me catch crappie.

But I don't like the trend of putting them in smaller jars.

Maybe I should write to Berkley and tell them about my thoughts? What do you all think about these higher prices and smaller jars?

The new jars only have 0.9 oz or 25grams of crappie nibbles in them
    The old jars had 1.1 oz/ and 31 grams of crappie nibbles in them

This is a 19% DECREASE in the amount of crappie nibbles that you get. I paid $2.93 for this smaller 25 gram jar.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose,

Are you sure Crappie Nibbles are cheaper than buying minnows? I can get 1-pound of Rose Red minnows for $8.00. There's probably 20 to 25-dozen in a pound depending on their size. How many Crappie Nibbles can you by for $8.00? Of course I have to work at keeping my minnows alive and Crappie Nibbles I guess have a pretty long shelf life.

The catching is slowing down here with the dog days of summer. But the Fall Feeding Frenzy is probably less than two months away!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default I wish I could get my minnows at that price LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Moose,

Are you sure Crappie Nibbles are cheaper than buying minnows? I can get 1-pound of Rose Red minnows for $8.00. There's probably 20 to 25-dozen in a pound depending on their size. How many Crappie Nibbles can you by for $8.00? Of course I have to work at keeping my minnows alive and Crappie Nibbles I guess have a pretty long shelf life.

The catching is slowing down here with the dog days of summer. But the Fall Feeding Frenzy is probably less than two months away!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles

At my area Wal-Mart the nibbles do not last long, so I grab several cans and never pay attention to the price. They are a necessity for me at times,so I just grab them up. I have been using wax worms about half the time and I'm having good results with them. But, you do get an occational brim. Now being that your only get one fish per nibble...most of the time.... I was wondering if the little plastic like trout power baits would work better. As far as staying on the hook. Has anyone tried this? Just Curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, as you know wal-mart is rolling back prices which means the nibbles must be made in china also along with everything else they sell. Wal-Mart has such buying power that they tell companies how much they will pay for stuff , take it or leave it.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I get mine from fishusa.com and they are the same size jar as before. Check them out, you'll love their selection and service. It only takes 1 day for me to get my order back. I get all my gear from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles dry out when left out in the open and they stay on the hook longer

Take a few crappie nibbles out of the new jar and lay them in a small open jar lid that is turned upside down. Or if you boat is old and already dirty you can just lay them on the old worn out carpet and let them dry out. I put my on the bow of my boat next to the trolling motor and let them dry out some before I put them on the hook. They will stay on the hook much longer when they are hardened by the sun. As they loose moisture they will harden up some. They can become as hard as a rock if you leave them out overnight in the sun. LOL

Another thing to do is to get the bait pump and shoot some crappie nibbles up inside the hollow tube jig bodies before you put them on the hook. You will use more crappie nibbles that way but they may stay on the bait longer.

I swear by these crappie nibbles as I feel that they work almost as well as live bait. I like the contrast that I get when I put a Chartruse nibble on a white jig body. And chartruse was chosen by many fire depts for their fire trucks since it's been proven that chartruse can be seen better at night than red. Red at a distance will appear black to most people. That is why they chose hunter orange for the field instead of red. I don't think that deer can see the color red and only see in shades of black white and gray so they can't see the funny orange hats that hunters wear. We can see the color orange well against a dry forest background that ococurs in Oct and November here in the midwest.
    Humm. Wondering why the lowly fish can see colors and the wildlife biologists tell us that the higher order species like White Tail Deer can't see colors like we primates can.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    At my area Wal-Mart the nibbles do not last long, so I grab several cans and never pay attention to the price. They are a necessity for me at times,so I just grab them up. I have been using wax worms about half the time and I'm having good results with them. But, you do get an occational brim. Now being that your only get one fish per nibble...most of the time.... I was wondering if the little plastic like trout power baits would work better. As far as staying on the hook. Has anyone tried this? Just Curious.
    Regards,

Moose1am

fish smarter not harder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Last night I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some more crappie nibbles. But they were in a smaller jar. The jar is the same diameter but shorter. Now the jars are coming with a plastic lid instead of the metal lid. And the price WENT UP!. What is the world coming to? LOL

I swear by these crappie nibbles ever since I started using them. They sure are cheaper than buying minnows. So far they have really helped me catch crappie.

But I don't like the trend of putting them in smaller jars.

Maybe I should write to Berkley and tell them about my thoughts? What do you all think about these higher prices and smaller jars?

The new jars only have 0.9 oz or 25grams of crappie nibbles in them
    The old jars had 1.1 oz/ and 31 grams of crappie nibbles in them

This is a 19% DECREASE in the amount of crappie nibbles that you get. I paid $2.93 for this smaller 25 gram jar.

fish smarter not harder Guest

I have the answer for you try a Cajun Bait Pistol you will not use as many nibbles at one time. www.thebaitpistol.com sold at Cabelas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the link

I had to debug, fskdisk, and reformat my hard drive today and then had to reinstall my operating system and all my device drivers. I have so many different devices added to this old comptuer that it got confusing until I took all the PCI cards out and installed them back one at a time. I started at 8am when I tried to log onto the internet and found that my computer had crashed. I ended at 12:30am this morning and was able to finally read the paper online and visit crappie.com's forums. or Gr8 Vacations forum that is. I have to figure out how to replace all my email addresses and my favorites etc. All those posts that I saved from Outlook are gone too. I did back up all the downloads on my external WD hard drive so I can replace stuff like my ZAP setup files and my McAfee Virus Software.

Quote Originally Posted by fish smarter not harder
    I have the answer for you try a Cajun Bait Pistol you will not use as many nibbles at one time. www.thebaitpistol.com sold at Cabelas
    Last edited by Moose1am; 07-21-2004 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added more info
    Regards,

Moose1am