Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone been on Clinton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone been on Clinton

Have not had a chance to get over there in a while. Wondering if any of you guys have been and how you did.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Was on Clinton Friday and Saturday for Bass Tournament. Lots of crappie fisherman. I din't see many being caught and those taht were coming in as I was leaving Friday didn't limit out.

The area of the hot water discharge was absolutely packed Friday. The colder temps Saturday kept some away I think.

Hope taht maybe Wednesday i can make it up to Clinton for some crappie fishing.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday off

Got Friday 04/08 off work. Going to give it a try. Should be time for them to be moving in. Will let everyone know what happens.

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Well strong East wind, high pressure and blue bird skies = poor fishing
    Did manage to catch 6 @ 10.5" - 11". The water level seems very low for this time of year. The good thing about that is I found several new honey holes for future trips. Found an awsome new Beaver Dam - if you see it you will know it.

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful around those beaver dams. I used to fish Clinton all the time when I lived in Argenta. I can still remember the sunny spring day that we found our way back to several beaver dams. They were all alive and from a distance, it looked like the sticks were moving. It was snakes- hundreds of them on each hut. The big cove across from the marina and the one across from west dam access has these moving beaver dams.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 05/07/05 come 'n git 'em

Man they are on. They have moved up into the coves and we caught them everwhere from 12' - 2'. Could not get out in the morning (turkey hunting) so got on the water around noon. Caught a few in the deeper water untill around 4 pm. Thats when all heck broke loose. Could not keep them off the hook from 4 - 7. Hope you all can git ya some.

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Default back 4 anouther try

Caught lots of smalls. Only 6 keepers and a 20" walleye. Most of what was caught were very very dark males. This has been a tuff spring. Just as they turn on and move in a cold front hits and pushes them back out. Gotta love mother.

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap