Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ky Lake Question???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky Lake Question???

Guys,

Heading down to Paris Landing, Ky Lake this weekend. I haven't ever fished there and was wondering if anyone can recommend some general areas to start looking for crappie. Figure the spawn should be in full swing, but once again I know nothing about the lake.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Mike .....

You'll be at the mouth of the Big Sandy ... where it connects to the TN River ..... that's Richard Williams territory !! Check out his latest post - http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=5934

You might try and email him ( [email protected] ) but, he may be too busy to answer you before you leave ....... your best bet is to post to him directly on the Main Message Board, and hope that he sees it and answers you before you leave.
    You should be there at about the right time for that area of the lake ... I'd start shallow, around any wood cover or sandy/pea gravel banks - then work my way out to deeper brush piles or channel edges, if the shallows didn't produce. The lake is on a slow rise to Summer Pool ... so some banks with "buckbrush" may not have enough water on them yet, to bring them into the shallows. I really don't know much about that end of the lake - I've always fished the bays/creeks up towards the dam (on both Ky Lake & Barkley). ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the info! I will post up and see what he has to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SEMOmike
    Guys,

Heading down to Paris Landing, Ky Lake this weekend. I haven't ever fished there and was wondering if anyone can recommend some general areas to start looking for crappie. Figure the spawn should be in full swing, but once again I know nothing about the lake.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Mike

I live on the lake close to Paris Landing, the water is come up and the fishing
    is good. I would fish in about 9ft of water in the bays, i would use jig. the water tem. is 58, the spawn will be start at any time.