Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wow !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow !!!!

Reading the two threads about tournament trails.... This board looks a lot like a "green carp" board.

What a quandary! Here we are, a board that's all about our favorite pastime, all of us getting along like family on a daily basis, but as soon as talk turns to fishing for money in tourneys, it gets ugly in a hurry. I'd beg and plead with Ed or crappiepappy to ban discussions on tourneys, but that wouldn't be right either.

So, if I may be so bold, I'd like to respectfully request that our members please, please, please... limit tourney discussions to things like "here's how I did", "there's one scheduled for...", "I'm going, who else is?", and stuff like that. I would hope and pray that our members are above the kind of stuff that goes on in bass fishing forums.

Just my 2 cents worth

Post Thanks / Like

If you don`t like a thread then don`t read it! The reality is that tournaments are a part of the crappie fishing world good or bad. I learned alot about patterning these fish from practicing for tournaments and talking with other tournament fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like

Look Joe...this board is the same today as it was yesterday. Just because people want to know the truth don't mean this board is bad now. I can't believe some peoples mentality that there should be love and harmony everywhere in the world all the time and that tough subjects shouldn't be tackled because somebodies little feelings may get hurt. That's what political correctness has done for the world. Nobody wants to stand up and be recognized. You go with the flow if you want there Joe. As for me I going to ask questions and make informed decisions with the best info. possible.

By the way, I don't frequent any bass forums so I don't have any idea what they do.

Have a great day,

The Hound
    Last edited by CrappieHound; 03-10-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

now i'm wondering how i can make bass fishing into a political religious topic.....:rolleyes:

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All the threads I read are about sharing info, new inventions, gear reviews, what's biting & what's not, etc., etc from the good 'ole boys and gals. I dont know what youre talking about on the tournament topics 'cause I aint interested in tournaments nor do I bother reading the posts about them. It just doesnt interest me. Just my 2 pennies....:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Don't you DARE

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    now i'm wondering how i can make bass fishing into a political religious topic.....:rolleyes:

even think about such a thang

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    If you don`t like a thread then don`t read it! The reality is that tournaments are a part of the crappie fishing world good or bad. I learned alot about patterning these fish from practicing for tournaments and talking with other tournament fishermen.
    Well, that's exactly why I said it wouldn't be right to ask for tourney talk to be banned. It IS a part of our sport and I'd love to enter one if there were any in my area.

What I'm talking about - and CrappieHound this is directed at you... is the kind of comments that were made in the tourney posts. Asking questions, wanting to know the scoop - fine and dandy, but if you read all the posts, I can't blame the guy from CUSA for thinking of us as a bunch of trash-talkers.

Most of the negative comments were the "a guy I know entered one and..." kind of thing. Very few of the "when I was in one of their tourney's..." kind of post. All second-hand stuff. Maybe someone came in 8th place and didn't get a check - maybe they were 8th out of 10 boats, not in the top 20%. Maybe they should have read the rules and payouts.

I've browsed the CUSA site, and all the rules, payouts, results and pretty much anything you might want to know about their tourneys is right there.

I'm not looking to be one of those "lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya" kind of people. Anybody that knows me will tell you that political correctness ain't my thing. I posted because the comments that were being made (not the questions being asked) weren't representative of who the membership on this forum is - anybody stopping by the site to see what it's all about, seeing posts like that, would have the same impression as that Darrell guy - another trash-talking fishing site. You'll have to excuse me for being concerned about the way this site looks to folks stopping by for the first time. Who needs to have more members anyways? What the he!!, might as well have ourselves a daily free-for-all like all the bass boards.

Come on now, think about it. We're better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

this board is way more behaved and moderated and ran better then most bass boards i do see. there is 30k or so people on this oard it doesnt matter if its tournaments or what line to use people will argue, its human nature, like gentlemen said before if its bothering you dont read that paticular topic or if its the same person who seems to be aggravating you then you can go to your user cp and go to your buddy/block list and block them and voila no more posts from them

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, john,

The problem is this... I AM interested in tourneys. Should one ever happen to come to my neck of the woods, I'd register in a heartbeat. The original question was a guy asking for folks to help him make a list of tourneys - something I'd be interested in too. The thread got hijacked and turned into a CUSA bash-fest. I'm just saying that we, as an online community, are better than that, and ought to keep that in mind, even when discussing tourneys.

It's like the new guys that jumped right in with their first posts bashing night fishing - What was that all about? This forum is about folks learning and sharing all things crappie. Trash and bash serves no useful purpose and ought to be discouraged.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Guys ....

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    Thanks, john,
    The problem is this... I AM interested in tourneys. Should one ever happen to come to my neck of the woods, I'd register in a heartbeat. The original question was a guy asking for folks to help him make a list of tourneys - something I'd be interested in too. The thread got hijacked and turned into a CUSA bash-fest. I'm just saying that we, as an online community, are better than that, and ought to keep that in mind, even when discussing tourneys.
    It's like the new guys that jumped right in with their first posts bashing night fishing - What was that all about? This forum is about folks learning and sharing all things crappie. Trash and bash serves no useful purpose and ought to be discouraged.
    I let this thread go, unedited and open ended, for one reason ... to allow people to express their opinions (pro/con) and question the way they "understood" things to be at (whatever) tournament venue. The negative comments, and the positive comments, are only opinions ... unless they come from self gained experience, or from the horses mouth.
    I did the same with the other thread, where the tournament series/payouts/etc were discussed. OK ... the "reply" (from the horses mouth) has been posted. Those that were right, in their opinion, can rest on their laurels, now. Those that were "mistaken", or whom had received erroneous information from 2nd or 3rd parties ... man up and eat a little crow.

Let's not let discussions turn us into enemies ... none of us are right 100% of the time. And we can't label all negative opinions, and hearsay information, as being trash talk. They are just what they are, but we won't know that until the whole truth comes out ... then the humble pie is served. And while it's not likely that only positive comments and kudos are going to be the only things posted ... it does serve us well to remember that negative comments put the posting member in a bad light, if they turn out to be wrong. So ... my advice is to be a little more careful about what you post about, in a negative light. You may want to have all your ducks in a row, first. Or, at least post questions pertaining to that which you are unsure of, or have a negative view about ... rather than just make a blanket negative statement.

... cp