Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wind Wind & Low Low tides 9 march 08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wind Wind & Low Low tides 9 march 08

Headed out on a last minute trip today, was going to wait on a striper trip off the beach in the ocean but it just didnt look like the blow was going to calm down......at 0600 I told Tony on the phone I would be over in 1 hour and we were gonna scout some new places up on the river we had never been.....headed up the road, drop the boat in at the lowest tide I have ever seen in 25 years- and set the net to get fresh bait.........the place was LOADED with shad ! More shad than I have ever seen in my life we got well over 50 cutters in 10 minutes, then took over an hour to get all the bait out of the net, and offered bait to every catfish boat we saw-and head up to find some new places to fish in the river.....we fished several spots amd just had bumps here & there ......no takers. Three hours before dark we headed back towards the ramp and fished an old spot that has given up several 40+ pounders......NADA........off to another spot and it was just as bad.....Nothing......last resort we went to my crappie hole, yep you guessed it ........there we got 3 nice fish in the teens and I pulled a 30+ out of thin air but at least the skunk was gone ! Two more in the teens and we head back even tho we had an extra hour with the time change ......saw an Osprey dive and take it s own catfish from the water and back to its nest, lots of Bald Eagls...... muskrats swimming right in front of the boat at times too. Pretty nice day on the water once we got out of the wind !!

LOW LOW TIDE

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SO MUCH BAIT ?

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER

Post Thanks / Like

nice looking kitty there

Post Thanks / Like

very nice blue tell you what send it to me that would beat the the WV state record
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

every time you catch a blue over 24 pounds get really happy because you just took the state record but in the wrong state so close but so far they are just not around here really
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

I never realized that before - Blue by Weight: 24.37 lbs. and 36.5" caught in 2005 by Sam Morrison
    Blue by Length: Held by same fish as weight.

VIRGINIA GAMEFISH TAGGING PROGRAM MEMBER