Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite jig or combination thereof?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your favorite jig or combination thereof?

If you ask any 10 fishermen there favorite crappie jig or combination there of you will probably get 10 different answers. My favorite jig combination has got to be a 1/16oz jig with a pearl minitail jig tipped with a white crappie niblet. What is yours? Just curious about the different responses we will get!!
    Don't rip er mouth,
    Budro:

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is a 1/16 pink head, white calfs tail jig.. with a white thread body.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig

1/16oz unpainted minnow head jig. Orange/Chart Midsouth Tackle tube. Pump the tube full of nibbles with the Bait Pump.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a 1/8 ounce unpainted head with a orange and chart. midsouth tube.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Budro ....

Quote Originally Posted by Budro View Post
    If you ask any 10 fishermen there favorite crappie jig or combination there of you will probably get 10 different answers. My favorite jig combination has got to be a 1/16oz jig with a pearl minitail jig tipped with a white crappie niblet. What is yours? Just curious about the different responses we will get!!
    My favorite "combination" changes at least once or twice per trip :p

But, on a 1/32 or 1/16oz weedless jighead, I seem to almost always be using plastics with a chartreuse tail regardless of what color the main body is.

Electric Blue/Chartreuse ... Lime Green/Chartreuse have both been very productive colors for me, over the last decade. Those are my "tube" colors of choice. Junebug/Chartreuse is my CB Slider paddletail grub color of choice. And Albino Shad has been my best producer in the Panfish Assassins. For marabou jigs & Roadrunners ... solid Chartreuse, or solid Pink, have done me proud.

I can only imagine what the upcoming season will bring, in the way of possible "new favorites" :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite has been a 1/16 oz white curly tail grub with white head. It has been my best color probably because I use it more than any other.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite 1/16 oz red head green curl tail ( crappie killer )
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite crappie jig is a 1/32 oz red head with a black Cubby NailTail on it.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is a 1/16 oz. pink jighead with # 4 sickle hook and a lil' hustler tri-colored plastic tube in red tip with white body and chart. tail.
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

Post Thanks / Like

A 1/8 oz head over sized red hook chartruse with sparkle 2 1/4" superior tube. Muddy water hot orange and fire tail 2" southern pro. I vetical jig brush the extra weight helps shake loose if you get hung.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast