Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chenille

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chenille

Where do you buy your chenille? I get totally confused as the way its sized varies and what its called varies. I'm looking for the sparkly kind suitable for 1/16 oz jigs.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I got my chenille at Bass Pro's fly shop. They have all types. You dont want to use the pipe cleaner type from Walmarts. It's not the same and won't hold up to water. Plus, I think it's way to heavy and hard to use with the wire.

Post Thanks / Like

I order most of mine from Barlows.The have just about anything you could need. Medium or size two is perfect for jigs.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/acb/sho...ctGroup_ID=273
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lots of places local for me

BPS, Gander Mtn, Outdoor Provision company and then the ever popular ONLINE
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Backwaters of Grenada Lake, Yalobusha Bottom
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy mine from Bass Pro Shops fly dept. and Sportsmans Warehouse.
    Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

If you tie in any real numbers, definitely get bulk skiens from somewhere online. I was at BPS today and their chenille is absolutely ridiculously priced. A small thing of chenille (on the cards) is $2.29. Thread is well over $1. They get it though if you want to buy in person or don't know about the online places, since there aren't any other fly shops around. But they don't really have a fly shop...just a bunch of random fly tying materials...

Anyway, what kind of sparkly stuff do you want? Silver tinsel or some of the special colors? For the better varieties that I've found check barlowstackle.com and jannsnetcraft.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sparkly chenille

Its called pearl chenille and has a lot of sparkle in it.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radtexan View Post
    I order most of mine from Barlows.The have just about anything you could need. Medium or size two is perfect for jigs.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/acb/sho...ctGroup_ID=273

Ditto.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smoothlures View Post
    If you tie in any real numbers, definitely get bulk skiens from somewhere online. I was at BPS today and their chenille is absolutely ridiculously priced. A small thing of chenille (on the cards) is $2.29. Thread is well over $1. They get it though if you want to buy in person or don't know about the online places, since there aren't any other fly shops around. But they don't really have a fly shop...just a bunch of random fly tying materials...

Anyway, what kind of sparkly stuff do you want? Silver tinsel or some of the special colors? For the better varieties that I've found check barlowstackle.com and jannsnetcraft.com.
    Where can you buy in bulk on line at great pricing. I can't seem to find a place!! Barlows has great stuff but they dont tell you the quanity on the cards?? Unless I just missed it. I fig that the standard cards hold a bout 3 Yds which is about the same amount as Bass Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Barlows has skeins of some of their line.I thinks its around 8.00 for 72 yds.I dont tie enough to warrant that much in one color.Skip has some good wholesale outlets, if the cards aren't enough.
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast