Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zebco 11 thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco 11 thoughts

Do any of you seasoned crappie/panfisherman use the Zebco 11 as your fishing reel of choice...I have used them for 15 years or so, Simple to use, inexpensive, easy to get parts for, great for kids and it takes a fair beating. Shakespeare has come out with a new microspincast and BPS has their Mighty-lite. I cut my teeth on these little reels and it is hard for me to try any of those latest expensive micro reels. Some of those open spinning reels are priced out of sight. I re-spool the Zebco 11 with 4 lbs spiderwire mono, 8' Wally Marshall rod and use Reel Magic when casting gets gummed up and I am ready to go. I recently replaced all my triggers plates on my Zebco 11 for .25 each...spent 2.50 for some extra parts and back ups Can't help it, I'm cheap..

Tight lines and screamin reels
    Gillbuster
    Last edited by gillbuster; 03-08-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got one on my 12' Slabseeker and love that combo for jiggin.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I use cheap shakespear spinning reels on all my jiggin' rods

Post Thanks / Like

For vertical jigging on bluegill or crappie, they're OK. For casting jigs, though, I like a nice open face reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure do!!!

We have five of them. I had three, and when the wife got involved, she liked them and we got her a couple. Now all five are hers, I've gone to all spinning reels except for live bait. I think they are great for the price . They will cast a 1/16 jig head surprisingly well!!! Have caught some nice size bass as well as crappie with them.

As far as "cheap" goes, don't feel bad. I have two Mitchell spinning reels, and the rest are all Shakespeares. I don't think any of them cost over $25. They work well for me. I can cast a 1/16th jig about as far as I care to! I change line occasionally, and don't have a problem.

Something to remember:
    The fish don't know (or care) how much you spent on your tackle, or what brand or model it is. Same goes for the boat. ( I run a 14' Jon and 5hp ):D
    "You ain't holdin' your mouth right! Did ya spit on your hook?"
    Grandpa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    Something to remember: The fish don't know (or care) how much you spent on your tackle, or what brand or model it is.
    Very true.

Davy Wotton, a fly fishing guide in Arkansas, always emphasizes that "the fish takes the FLY." That's all that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

For those folks who want to repair your Zebco reels cheaply, go to this website::

http://www.tackleservice.com/

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've went thru several of the small 11T triggerspin reels. And still have a couple of the gold editions. Recently went with pflueger spinning reel for my favorite rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Got 11T's on six jig poles....luv'em.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Been using 11t's for years. They've held up really well -- I've got my $12 worth and then some. Just bought 2 more today to go on my new Wally rods.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast