Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Saturday night fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday night fishing report

After the windy day Saturday, we contemplated going to an ole back up boathouse on the backwaters, the water was muddier than I've seen it but of course it's rained a good one past week, got set up before dark, caught absolutely nothing until nightfall come upon us, the light on the dock attracted them around 2030 hours, caught two nice slabs right off, then, they seemed to get smaller and smaller, the night chill got upon us at 2300 hours, so we decided to pack it in, ended up with 10 various sized crappie and two mud cats that came to the light also, heard good splashes in the distance, all in all it was a good night, mud cats got thrown back.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Report

Lakehardingspirt, Thanks for the fishing report. Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com.. Good fishing and Good Luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Update on the boathouse fishing ... I've been lucky enough to have a good friend in Columbus, Ga who doesn't mind "friends" utilizing his boathouse, as long as the place is left as it's found, provided the fishermen before our visit did their duty, anyway, we've got access to this boathouse sitting on 28 feet of water, the terrain leading up to it is steep bluffs, on the Harris County side of Harding. This place is a crappie magnet, according to surrounding land holders, the former owner of this lakehouse and boathouse use to feed the fish, neighbors "promise" that they were fed religiously. Practically everytime I go, all season long, you are guaranteed to catch a crappie, sometimes during winter months they are few between, but the spring and summer is a favorite haunt for these divine fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Boathouse

Lakehardingspirt you are blessed, Nothing like good friends. Anytime someone lets me fish on their property I always leave it cleaner than I found it. I will take a trash bag and pick up any trash I find. Not everybody will do this. that is why some property owners will not let you fish in their ponds or on their property. It's a shame a few spoil it for the rest of us. Good fishing Sir and Gods Blessings ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tearing them Up

Thank ya, thank ya for the good comeback there, fishing partner. Caught a half a bucket full today, short of deepsea fish, crappie are the tastiest.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

I"ll have to agree with you on that one. a plate full of crappie and hushpuppies really can't be beat
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

How can you argue with that???

Plate of hush-puppies, crappie filets, and fries maybe???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Gar-Getter is a good fishing buddy of mine that is going to Talquin with me this upcoming weekend.....we hope to WEAR them jokers out!!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

:p I've been eating fish for two days now, my fingers are getting rough, from lipping those paper mouths, couldn't even rub on the wife's nighty, fingers were catching on it, but, that's another fish story....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny......
    ><)))*>