Default Percy Priest

wheres thu fish
    Went thursday.3/31.,,bear Island area,.Cooks ramp area, and
    Hamilton creek..,.,????
    nothing worth tellin
    The water was RED???.,.,
    hmmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a friend of mine went Wed. and said the water was pretty stained and the crappie pretty slow.This warm weather will have em back going good.Gonna go to Priest out of Stewart creek in the morning and see what I can come up with.I love Priest during the week cause it's nice and peaceful compared to the weekends.Went to Tims Ford today and fished for several hours catching one 10" black nose.It was gin clear as usual and tough as usual(at least for me)!I did find a big school of shad off a point and caught 3 smallies between 2 and 3lbs.Pretty fun on 4lb test.
    HOLD HIM HOOK!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished PP today and it was slow. I ended up with 5 keepers. The rain Fri. made muddy water and cooled it a little to 56-59deg. I couldn't catch any with jigs but I figured on funky water so I bought some minners just in case. Caught my fish tightlining on drops about 7-10'. My uncles went Thur. and carried home 27. Caught them up shallow but I couldn't get on them shallow today. I fished up around Spring/Fall Crk. Nothing but little ones in the creeks though. A few more sunny days, especially with that dirty water and the temps will be back up into the 60s again. The fish will be ready to do it then. Well at least I think they should be right.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Stewart creek on Priest today and caught around 20 with 6 measuring.All came on chart.,or pink & chart. tubes in 8 to 6ft of water on big wood or brush.Water still fairly dingy and up several feet from last weekend.The males I caught today are the biggest of the spring so far,had two right at 12" and they really pulled good.I thought for sure they were bass until I saw them.The places I've been fishing have really changed with the rising water,most of the wood is either too deep or washed out or real hard to find(shoulda GPS'd em when I had the chance).
    HOLD HIM HOOK!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean, with the water up its like a whole new place. I wish it would come on up all the way. I know lots of spots when the water is at summer pool and winter pool but at this in-between stage a lot of the stuff is too shallow and the other stuff is hard to find.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I went Wednesday before last and caught 13 keepers with the biggest at 12". Mainly Vivrette/Suggs creek area. They are definitely comin in shallow. Of course, this was before the rain that came last week. I'm going out in the morning so I'll throw another update tomorrow evening or Monday. Good luck!