Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick of winter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick of winter

Time for my annual winter rant if I need it or not. With no warmth in sight with the 10 day forecast I need to spew some winter hate. Well, not really, I am sick of winter, but I have to say that besides mom breaking here leg (she is doing quite well BTW) and me not getting to TN for some spring crappies, everything else has been pretty good this winter, so I'm counting my blessings. I've worked hard and sacrificed for the last few years to reduce my financial responsibilities to a stress free state so that helps a lot, so for the next few years the goal is to have enough extra to stay stress free and be able to hop around to warm spots for the winter to fish, chase single women, and get vitamin D from the sun(the sun doesn't shine between november and april in WNY). Yeah, I know, who cares, but its nice to not feel the need to yank my hair out in handfuls this time of year even though it inhales outdoors.

Well, thats it for my late winter rant, albeit it was a weak one and hopefully many more weak rants coming in years to come.

Ok, your turn. Rant away. :D
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

im not even gonna get started on winter....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I was standing here with a rod in my hands.

Good things come to those who bait.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grizz,

I am so happy I moved away from Ohio. They really have been getting socked with snow and ice this year. Today, Columbus is "Ground Zero" and my daughter tells me they got 9 inches of snow yesterday and right now the snow is falling at a rate of 2 inches an hour. They are expecting over TWO FEET for the Friday and Saturday snowfall.

Why even here in Fairfield Alabama, I woke up and my truck had an inch of snow on it. The newspaper in my yard was covered with it. I picked up the newspaper and it said "Whassup with all this s........................now on me."

Tuesday it will be 68 again. I'm ready for Spring.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you. Ship. I came into Nashville last nite and the ugliness had begun. Cars off the road, salt trucks on the hiway. I never put sta-bil in my boat gas cuz I use it all year. This year was no different so I don't go thru the S.A.D. syndrome as bad as some. I told my Daughter just after Christmas that winter here lasts about 90 days, and to get thru the closed in feeling just say to yourself "only so many days left". It's tough, but the end is near. You'll be smellin fresh Crappie in the frypan in no time.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Woke this morning to about 3 inches and its still snowing!!My dog sure likes it though,shes standing by the road which has been plowed twice!! Is this March or December???LOL
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

72 deg last Sat., now Im looking at about 8" of snow and still snowing
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen grass in the yard sense early Nov. and thank we only had to days that made it to 40 deg. sense then to.This was the first week we went more then 3 days without a snow fall or freezing rain/mix.Did I mention we are also having a record snowfall total for the year here.I love my ice fishing but I want some bare ground.Most ice around here is from 14"-30" thick and had allot of snow on it,in which we are going to see some major winter kill on all types of fish here,and that really sucks.Are average temp. is supposed to be 42 right now and this is today's forecast here 20° F | 11° F
    -7° C | -12° C and it is right now 0.3 °F / -17.6 °C
    Clear
    Windchill: 0 °F / -18 °C
    Humidity: 44%
    Dew Point: -16 °F / -27 °C . I ask that all you guy's down South grab your fans,put them out side,face them North and let us have it.Help a Northern brother out and send some warmth are way.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    72 deg last Sat., now Im looking at about 8" of snow and still snowing
    You're lucky you can walk over to BPS, it's right next door. Oh wait a minute you can't see that far the way the snow is coming down right now. :D:D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling.......I was gonna head to Patoka this weekend. Had it all planned out, except the snow. We have 2-4 inches on the ground now and I heard southern Indiana is under Blizzard warnings. So much for the trip. I guess I am going to have to get ths snow blower out and move some snow. Unless one of you guys wants to come by and volunteer to do it. Could you brush the snow from the boat cover while you're at it?
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast