Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Seating Help!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Seating Help!!!!!

I got my pin pedestal bases in from SeaArk today and tomorrow I am going to mount two more in the front to sit side by side. For those of yall that have double upfront seating how far apart are your outside pedistal bases from hole to hole. I am having a tough time deciding the perfect distance apart. Your input is needed very much. Thanks for your time..

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the width of your boat up front. In my 522 I have about 28 inches between the seats, but in the aluminum boat there is only about 16 inches between them. I like about ten inches from the OUTSIDE of the boat. And just deal with what the middle is. Tite-Lok makes a two seat rig thats really nice, good holders too!
    Last edited by 22Footer; 03-18-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

yee i like 22's advice about from the side in but if you have a large deck 33" from center to center (meaning 33" apart) is what mine are (my deck is 65" wide). How wide is your front deck? Post a pic if you want and lets talk about it before you drill it. What will the screws that hold the bases down be going into? Can you get to them to put a lock nut underneath?
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-08-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey sac just brought up a good point, if you can get to it, put nuts and BOLTS! I've had to epoxy all of my stuff to keep it tight.

Post Thanks / Like

oh if you can't use a bolt (I use the philips style machine screw and a lock nut) and a lock nut then you gonna have issues the first time big butt like mine gets in the seat.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah aint nothin worse than the old dreaded " creak" and the seat just ain't what she used to be! Stainless screws and nylon locknuts with fender washers is what you really need.

Post Thanks / Like

oh if it's wood that you drill into or THIN alum., I make a template out of steel to put on the underside. There's some pressure on those bases.

Post Thanks / Like

My deck is 67" wide. I ordered the bases from SeaArk because they are the same dimensions as the center one(6"x8*) and if I drill it just right I will hit the 1" tubing that runs from side to side of the deck. I am mounting them just like the center one. I can access under the deck to install lock nuts and washers. I never have fished side by side and I just can't make up my mind exactly how far apart. SAC it looks like our decks may be about the same width.
    Last edited by slimeyslab; 03-08-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would mount them 35" give our take an inch I install alot of them and it seems a good standard. Also the Tempress Double Down Is perfect If you don't want to drill all the holes in your deck! And It also can be secured by using ur 11" center post you already have in your boat from the factory!
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the TITE-LOK double seat system. Haven't used it yet but it sure looks well made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast