Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Tournaments

I'm trying to compile a "complete" list of fishing tournaments from all over the United States. If you know of one, or are running/hosting one.. please send me a PM with all of the details as well as an application form or a link to one.. whatever information you have!

:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver1958 View Post
    Crappieusa.com
    Yeah, I knew of those already. What I'm looking for are more "amateur" contests.

To me, the professional contests are just a pissing contest on who's got the most money and toys. I'd like to participate some day, but I get more enjoyment when a bunch of "average joes" get together to have a fishing tournament.

TNperry Guest

CrappieUSA has an amateur division for those fishermen who haven't won a certain amount of money fishing tournaments. Trust me it isn't all about having the "most money and toys". I will also say you won't meet any more "average Joe's" than in CrappieUSA. I am one of the owners of CrappieUSA. PM me if you need additional info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Tournaments

Try searching Southern Illinois Crappie Association. They are a link from the Crappie USA website. Also Springfield Crappie Club has 3 or 4 open tournaments each year and a sign-up sheet can be downloaded from their website. These are still top-notch crappie fisherman so better bring your A-Game. First Springfield tournament is 3/15/08 on power plant Lake Sangchris.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey TNperry, I've fished a bunch of your tournaments. Thanks for putting them on! I really enjoy going. I've fished a long time and just last year at the classic realized that I was just down the road from the southern pro guy here in MO. Small world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNperry View Post
    CrappieUSA has an amateur division for those fishermen who haven't won a certain amount of money fishing tournaments. Trust me it isn't all about having the "most money and toys". I will also say you won't meet any more "average Joe's" than in CrappieUSA. I am one of the owners of CrappieUSA. PM me if you need additional info.
    Interesting, I guess that's what I get for assuming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CROPEE7 View Post
    Try searching Southern Illinois Crappie Association. They are a link from the Crappie USA website. Also Springfield Crappie Club has 3 or 4 open tournaments each year and a sign-up sheet can be downloaded from their website. These are still top-notch crappie fisherman so better bring your A-Game. First Springfield tournament is 3/15/08 on power plant Lake Sangchris.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you've got Crappie USA all wrong dedfish. Who has the most money has nothing to do with it. This isn't a high stakes Bassmasters tour. There are plenty of guys who do quite well in that circuit who fish a local circuit here in my neck of the woods, and they don't succeed due to the amount of money they have. They know their game, and they are seldom off it. You aren't going to find a tournament anywhere with a bunch of first timers or anything. The "average joe" tournament fisherman is still a guy who knows what he's doing and a lot of them have been at it for a while, but they're not pros. I've sent you a PM with some info on a local circuit here in southwest Ohio. You asked for anywhere in the USA. It's a decent drive, but if you want to fish an amateure tournament, we have 10 good ones to chose from. Good bunch of guys and very well run.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    Yeah, you've got Crappie USA all wrong dedfish. Who has the most money has nothing to do with it. This isn't a high stakes Bassmasters tour. There are plenty of guys who do quite well in that circuit who fish a local circuit here in my neck of the woods, and they don't succeed due to the amount of money they have. They know their game, and they are seldom off it. You aren't going to find a tournament anywhere with a bunch of first timers or anything. The "average joe" tournament fisherman is still a guy who knows what he's doing and a lot of them have been at it for a while, but they're not pros. I've sent you a PM with some info on a local circuit here in southwest Ohio. You asked for anywhere in the USA. It's a decent drive, but if you want to fish an amateure tournament, we have 10 good ones to chose from. Good bunch of guys and very well run.
    Apparently I do. I was just going on my own impression and assumptions based on things I've read. That's cool though - glad to hear there's a "down to Earth" contest circuit around.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieUSA would be a good circuit if there payouts were worth it. Had a friend of mine place 3rd and only got &250. I know for a fact that CUSA requirres $6500 from the local community before they will bring their circuit into town. With that being said no matter how many boats show up the payout should be more. With the entry fee and then CUSA gets the $6500 the fishertmen should get more.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast