Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thornapple Lake - Barry County

SlabHammer Guest

Default Thornapple Lake - Barry County

Well, as you can see from my intro post I have been searching for some crappie spots. I think I will try Thornapple and Gun Lakes. I hear gun is a "Party Lake" in the summer but I tend to focus more on Crappie in the Spring. Anyone been to either spot? Tips? Where is the boat launch for each lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you much on those lakes, but I have fished Baseline lake in Allegan co. I have pulled a couple of nice slabs from there early spring and fall. Another one that a friend has told me about and one that I think will have to be tried after my week on Barkley lake in KY. is Deep lake in Yankee Springs SRA. Get out there and get a line wet!

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

welcome to the board, lots of useful info on here.
    I fished gun a couple of times this last year, late spring and early summer, before the partiers got going strong, it is a good lake for crappies and gill, but you will have to do some searching, I use mostly 1/6 oz.tube jigs the west arm is very shallow, so I did not fish there, I mostly fished the south end of the lake near the island, just follow the weed lines , sooner or later you should find them.
    good luck
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

try swan lake and school section just south of m43 off of cr 665 on school section look on the north shore and find a willow tree start there going west should do well soon