Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: painting rod tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default painting rod tips

i was wanting to paint my rod tip to see them better on night stalk i have a lot of light on the boat but i want to keep two rod in the dark part of the boat and want to know about painting my tips thanks for any help
    Pepper & Ice

Post Thanks / Like

A less permanent option would be to use "white out" (the correction fluid) on your rod tips. After it dries, you can paint over it or just use a permanent marker to color it.

Post Thanks / Like

We use white electrical tape, it shows up pretty well, and you dont do any harm to your rods. Hope this hepls!!!!!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

I paint all mine with floresent orange for daytime it helps in sunlight to!
    Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruise, I'm not a night fisherman, but I've heard of people taping small glo sticks to their rods. Sounds good to me.
    PawPaw "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

For my nighttime catfishing rods, I use the glow sticks from the dollar store. They are about 6-7" long. I take the connectors that come with them and put one on each end of a glow stick. Find the spot on the rod I like, and tape over the connectors and leave them in place. A glow stick lasts more than all night. The connectors stay taped in place so next trip, I crack a new stick and slide it into place. Works well.

Dayton

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You could even use reflective tape since you have alot of light.

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used vinyl jig paint. It comes in very bright and flourescent colors. I tape the eye off at the end of my rods and another piece of tape about 3" down from the tip. This gives you much straighter lines. If fishing with a long pole paint the 1st 10-12" on the tip of the rod. I have noticed if the paint is just dabbed on it can be much tougher to tell a bite. Your eyes can play tricks on you in low light conditions so take your time and do it right. I have used this for night fishing for a long time. This makes it look a little more professional looking and the vinyl paint doesn't chip and it doesn't flake as easy. You can pick it up in a variety of colors at Bass Pro Shops. Now I also use a clip-on black light for the bill of my cap which helps a lot. I am curious to see how others have tackled this same thing.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I spray a couple of inches of the rod tip with white epoxy paint and I use a black light when night fishing.. Works great!

Post Thanks / Like

I paint my night fishing rods with $1 a can white spray paint from w-mart.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up