Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minocqua Chain Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minocqua Chain Help

I know this is a Crappie board, but I am taking the family to Lake Minocqua the first week of June for the first time. I trust the folks on this board and was needing help in fishing these bodies of water. We will go after Crappie, Eyes, Gills, and some Northern. If you can suggest places to start our search or even some guides to try to hire that would be greatly appreciated! Good Fishing!!!
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been camping/fishing in that area for about 40 years (I can remember when you could camp in the Northern Highland State Forest for .25 cents a nite and lay in your tent and watch the bears in the garbage cans) and the best fishing I have had is at the 5 lakes project headquartered at Escanaba Lake. Take 51 North out of MInocqua to Hwy M and turn right towards Boulder Junction. Take Hwy N right towards Sayner and turn left at McKay's Corner Store, you'll see a big ice cream cone, and then turn left on Razorback Road. You will pass a campground sign called Starrett Lake, it has LOTS of smallmouth. After passing the sign look for the first road on your right and bear to your left till you get the sign that says Escanaba reasearch station. You can rent boats there and the DNR guys are real helpful. If you want pike, fish Allequash Lake. They have all the info you need there. If you need to rent boats/canoes I always got to Boulder Junction, turn left and you will see Schauss Woodworks on your right. Real nice guys and they grew up in the area. They know their stuff and prices are good. I'll be up there this summer myself 2-3 times. I like it so much I am willing to drive the 2000 mile round trip from West Virginia. Have fun!!!!!
    Last edited by haftafish; 03-07-2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: update directions