Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wylie last nite...no change from last week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wylie last nite...no change from last week

Went out last nite and had a repeat of the slow nite I experienced a week ago. Found a cove off the main lake that was well sheltered from the NW wind and got set up by 9pm. It's vacation time and the boat traffic doesn't die down much after dark. The way this cove was situated it allowed me to set up right in the mouth and stay out of the wind. Being right on the edge of the main lake exposes ya to lots of boat wakes and I got moved off the original anchor spot but still stayed in 30' of water. Just got bounced around most the nite. It would help if people knew how to get their boats up on plane. Caught a 4lb catfish after an hour or so. Only took another hour to land the 1st crappie. Ended up with 4 crappies 10 and 11 inches after 4 hours of fishin. Gotta try somethin new....
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the plane on those monster engines.At first I would complain about the boats flying by , but I soon learned that those made much less wake than the guys who are cruising slow with their bow up in the air.Good luck next time.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.