Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Crappie Lure/Bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Favorite Crappie Lure/Bait?

What is your favorite Crappie lure or bait? Your go to!

Mine: Slip bobber and Minnow tipped with crappie nibblet!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 ounce jig with a black/chartreuse YUM Wooly Curltail or a yellow Riverside twistertail, which also have YUM on/in them. I firmly believe when everything else is equal, that YUM scent makes a big difference. If I have to slow down, I use a YUM Beavertail in black/chartreuse or black/pink or a handtied hair jig under a float. I guess that is a four part answer, but I don't really have one go to bait. Situations dictate the lure or presentation.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 jig black /chartreuse curly tail or most any color slider on the same size jig. For bluegill strike king misty besty deadly drives them crazy white/chartreuse in color only one size 3.00 at wal- mart and academy sports.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

chennile jig black head , yellow body , green marabou tail. 1/16th with minnow headed jig.

Post Thanks / Like

1st Mikes Panfish Pounders / chartreuse or pink on a 1/32 or 1/16 oz jig. Under a carlisle balsa bobber 1/2 inch sping. 2nd Southern pro-Crappie Magnum / tennessee shad on a 1/16 to 1/8 oz Crappie pro jig head unpainted, use this on a long pole around cover, if i use a bobber it's a 1/2 inch ice bobber.

Post Thanks / Like

Tube jigs, 1/16 oz or 1/32 oz depends on debth or speed as to which size or weight. Colors vary black/chart is where I usually start followed by red/chart. Other favorites are blue/white or black/blue. I switch colors alot if it's slow to see what's working best.

I was going to give the Yum baits a try this year. I have good luck with their products for bass, so i figured I would give their crappie baits a try.

I see 'brush finder 90' mentioned using ice bobbers. I like them too but have a hard time finding them in SW Ohio. Does anyone know where I can find them in SW Ohio? I see them floating in East Fork now and then, so someone has to carry them.

Post Thanks / Like

By ice bobber do you mean the small pear shaped ones that use the wood peg to hold them on the line? If so, Sherry's Fishing Lake and Tackle here on the dam side of East Fork carries them. That's what I use anytime I am suspending a jig. Half the ones floating in EF are probably mine. Some days I'm too lazy to go get 'em after I lose one. Also, there is an ebay store called chuck and debs that sells them bulk. You have to buy the floats and pegs seperate, but they have good prices on them. They are like a buck a piece at the bait shop.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 oz black/charteuse tube or 1/16 oz pink jig head with white curly tail.

Post Thanks / Like

SpeckWick....Yep, that's the ones. I usually see them floating against the banks. Usually hot pink or chart. I've looked at Sherry's but haven't seen them. Next time I'll ask. I use them for same thing. I need a suppy before Ky Lake trip next month. I like buying local if I can but may try Ebay (never thought of looking there). I'm down to just a few left and like you, usually don't chase them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    Tube jigs, 1/16 oz or 1/32 oz depends on debth or speed as to which size or weight. Colors vary black/chart is where I usually start followed by red/chart. Other favorites are blue/white or black/blue. I switch colors alot if it's slow to see what's working best.

I was going to give the Yum baits a try this year. I have good luck with their products for bass, so i figured I would give their crappie baits a try.
    That's my standard approach as well. I did use the 2" Yum twister tails last year in stained water and they seemed to work well. I threw the red with chartruesse tail.

CG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast