Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phishing Phact!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phishing Phact!!!

Hi All!
    I may be new to this site, but I am not new to fishing!
    Even at my age, I still thoroughly enjoy prowling through the various fishing chat rooms! You are never too old to learn!
    I suppose my favorite sites are this one, FishingTexas.com, and Texas kayakfisherman.com. While browsing these three sites, I have observed obvious differences, and just as obvious similarities!
    One of the similarities being, all participants adamantly maintain their site is the most informative and the friendliest! They are all 100% correct!
    Another personal perception is, some of the comments, ideas, and suggestions are based on years of experience and knowledge, some are inspired by one or two fun or successful fishing trips, while others or made by those who simply have a desire to see their own name in print!
    Therefore, it is up to the individual reader as to which post you wish to take to heart, and which you chose to take with that proverbial “grain of salt”!
    I have learned a lot over the years; some things through personal experience, some through reading posts like these, and others by simply listening!
    But there is one irrefutable, undeniable fact about fishing, that cannot be debated, or argued against, that I would like to pass on to everyone!
    I can make this statement without hesitation or fear of contradiction, because I have learned through 60 years of fishing that it is also 100% correct!
    It is this - - -
    The absolute best day of the year to go fishing for any and all species of fish is YESTERDAY!!!!
    “Wow! Shoulda been here YESTERDAY!”
    “They were really hittin’ good YESTERDAY!”
    “We limited out by lunch YESTERDAY!”

The story of my life!
    Geez!!!!

Deral

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    They're hitting somewhere right now.
    You just gotta be there.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Good point, Kit!
    So why are we sitting here writing notes to each other?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I Thought I Was The Only One That Happened To. Not That I'm Glad It Has Happened To You To. Just Glad To Know Its Not Just Me.lol Good Luck And Good Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

When I Have Time To Go Fishing I Go. When I Have To Work I Get On Here.lol You Have Just Got To Have Your Priorities Right. If I Had The Mpney I Would Never Work Just Fish Everyday I Could And The Bad Days I Work Organize My Tackle And Reline My Reels So I Could Be Ready To Go The Next Day. But As High As Gas Has Gotten I Have To Work Alot Just To Be Able To Afford To Go.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not the only one Deral !

I can't count the number of times when I've been busy and couldn't go fishing, and someone would tell me the next day, that they were practically jumping in the boat

As for friendly forums, and places to learn, I belong to a couple local forums which are made up of folks that all get along. For friendliness, and tips for local waters, you can't beat that type of site. Now as far as forums that aren't local or even regional, I belong to several fishing forums that are national/global, I also read forums that aren't fishing related - all sorts of topics, and have yet to find one that has even half the class as CDC. The owner (thank you Slab) and the moderators (crappiepappy in this board) have done a great job of running a forum that is family friendly, where nastiness is apt to get somebody banned, where folks that all share the bond of crappie fishing can get together and share their experiences, ask and answer questions, share some humor, ask for, and get prayers when in need, and generally enjoy each other's company. I'm thinking that maybe the reason this site has the quality membership that it does, is because crappie fishermen are a different breed of folks. I think maybe not so many of us are hotheads, and more of us have good manners than what you'd find on a board for other kinds of fishing, or for other topics altogether.

I'm glad you joined us Deral, from the posts you've made so far, you seem to be the kind of folk who'll fit right in. I'm not too sure about a couple of the other new folks who have jumped right in and thrown hornet's nest topics out there to start things out on the wrong foot. Welcome aboard from Upstate NY. I look forward to your future posts.

Joe

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Joe!
    Really makes me feel good!
    I have to say, I get a real kick out of chatting and cutting up with folks like you and a bunch of others on this site! It makes my day when we can not only pick on each other and have fun doing it, but we can also “agree to disagree”, and keep right on picking! I enjoy that kind of stuff!
    After all, they say, “Ignorance is Bliss!” That’s why I’m happy all the time!
    And you’re right - - - there are those who make very concerted efforts to intentionally create dissention, but the best way to deal with them is to completely ignore them! If we respond to them in any way whatsoever, then we are giving them the attention they so desperately crave! If we ignore them long enough, they will eventually tuck their tails between their legs and slink away!
    Thanks again for the kind words, and if fortune ever shines on me, hopefully I will get to go up to your part of the world and try some fishing!
    At most, I have only seen pictures of upstate New York, but what I’ve seen is incredibly beautiful! Makes me wonder why anyone would want to stay in Texas!
    But, just so you’ll know, Texas has mountains, too! But if you stand up, you can see over the top of any of them!
    Deral

Post Thanks / Like

Deral.....Welcome from MISSOURI.....Well Said!!.....Look forward to your posts. Good Fishin & Good Catchin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcomes, Shipahoy and Frosty! I sincerely appreciate it!
    Looking forward to future correspondence!
    Deral

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast