Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Off Crappie question....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Off Crappie question, carp info please....

The reason I am posting this here is pretty simple actually. crappie fisherman and women are some of the most particular spot-to-spot detail oriented people I know..:rolleyes: and your favorite crappie spots are not in jeopardy.

I live in Springfield and need a little sense of direction. During your travels on the water, where do you people seem to come across good numbers of rough fish. Carp, gar, ect... ???????? My wife and myself love to bowfish, and would greatly appreciate a little info. We had to sell our boat when we moved down here, but hopefully will find one shortly. So if any of you happen to know where we can wade or walk a shoreline and shoot some fish: We would really appreciate it.
    Also I am interested in paddlefish snagging spots if you all could help there as well. I am at a loss here; totally out of my element, and just drawing straws, so any info I can get would be greatly appreciated.
    this site has some of the best people I can think of, and I thank you all in advance for any help we can get.

P.m me if you wish, or send an e-mail
    [email protected]

Thank you again
    Last edited by predator_caller; 03-06-2008 at 01:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Starting March 15 the James River are in Cape Fair will be packed with Paddlefish anglers trying to snag one. There are some big ones over 70# that come out of this area. Yuo need a boat to fish them there out in the river channel.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Truman lake around clinton, there is a lot of old fields that have alot of rough fish some areas you can wade out several hundred yards you will sink 2 feet in the mud but the water is only a foot deep thaey are hard to see in the murky water PM me your phone # and I can give you better details.

Post Thanks / Like

CC area on stockton Lake is verry accessable for bow fishing. the carp are think and there is lot's of bank walking take 160 west out of springfield to greenfield access, it's on CChwy. watch the signs go accross the bridge take first road to the left(west) takes you right to the water. long bank easy walking....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a bunch... that will definately get me started. Will be out looking for these spots and others this weekend. Feel free to add to these, as I can use all the help I can get....

thanks again......... jim

Post Thanks / Like

Brush Creek North of Windsor Crossing. Banks are accessible and lots of carp late spring and summer. I walk the banks sometimes catching big white bass that get "landlocked" when the water goes down.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help....... that'll definately get me started.