Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls Rose 2 feet on that 2 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Default Falls Rose 2 feet on that 2 inches

of rain we had and still rising! At this rate we will be back at normal pool in a flash. Wonder what it will do to the fishin?

Post Thanks / Like

Good point FC. Bet she's muddy as all heck too! Also wondering what this rising water does to the early spawners.....

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are the riseing water is going to drive the fish into the shallow areas because there is a food source there

Post Thanks / Like

interesting thought redboat. I was thinking that maybe it might drive the fish back out to deeper water and give them lockjaw. Im never right though.

Post Thanks / Like

But on second thought it is about time for them to move shallow and this may present them with an enticing opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Just how low is the water? I haven't been to falls since last April. How unsafe is navigation from the hwy 50 bridge to rolling view marina? I assume Ledge Rock is still closed? How about the eno river launch at red mill rd? I sure would like to make a nightstalk in a few weeks, but with my gas guzzler, there will not be very many trips.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like about 5 feet below normal now. I do know there are lots of folks using the hwy 50 launch now but dont think I can advise you on the navigation part. Need to stay in the channel for sure cause the hazards are just under the surface now. Take it easy and keep eye on sonar you so ok. Get one of these guys here that fish Falls to tag along would be a good idea. Fishing has been good. Red mill probably running high and fast and trashy now with the recent rain. I sure someone can give you a first hand report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks FC. Is the hwy 50 launch closed after dark, or can you park there overnight?

Post Thanks / Like

It is closing at 8pm as of last Saturday. There may be enough water to use ledgerock now if they opened it. Redboat may know.

Post Thanks / Like

FC are they gonna start charging to get into the hwy 50 area now???

Foot, I am not sure I have not been fishing that way I have been going down lake and fishing the channel above the Newlight road bridge and been doing pretty good over that way - but have not been in a couple weeks though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast