Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was wondering....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was wondering....

Those of you that Spider Rig, what do you do with all those long poles when to pick-up and move? I seem to have seen where some put their poles in holders that hold them straight up and think I may have seen one boat that has U-brackets on the side of the boat that holds the poles? Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see some pictures to go along with this. I was in my boat last weekend continuously thinking of different ways to rig something up. So far I haven't made a decision. I am tired of creating a mess every time I change spots.

Post Thanks / Like

my rig consists of 2 hooks, whether it's minnows or jigs, and when you are changing spots, one hook goes in your cork/foam handle and the other goes in one of the eyelets. If top hook doesn't line up correctly with eyelet, keep a roll of masking tape on board and put a piece around your pole where you can stick your hook in it. Don't use electrical or duct tape..hook is hard to get out of it. This will work w/ more than 2 hooks also but I go w/ 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Thats Good Info.

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

I single hook, when I'm moving I stick the hook in the end of the pole and let the sinker just hang. I use spinning reel and try to have the line on the spool close to the rod and no bend in the pole! Just shake the pole and it will twist around the eyes.

When leaving for home I use the small eye for the hook same deal but I have some rubber holders I got at B.P. and they hold the sinker.

Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks but....

I was speaking of having 4 - 6 poles out on spider rig and having pulling them in to travel 1/4/ mile or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I lay them down on the on the front deck .

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holders

I took a 1 1/2" pvc pipe and cut it in about 10" lengths for my poles and attached them in a vertical position to my boat in various spots. When I am moving from one spot to another I just stick my pole handles into the pvc pipe. This keeps my poles from getting tangled up and it makes them very easy to access when you get ready to fish again. The lenghts that you cut the pvc can vary to the type of pole that you place in them. I use a 10' Richard Williams signature pole made by B & M. I can transport up to 12 poles in an upright position. Maybe this wil help you or give you some ideas that you might do.

Donald

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks man....

that's a good idea. Beats laying 'em across the front deck, huh?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand kids got me some of them plastic pole holders from BPS. I finally put them in the boat after looking at them in the garage for 2 years. I look like a dam yankee now. They (yanks) all use them. I like 'em. Handy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast