Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walter F. George

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walter F. George

Looking for any current report for the Eufaula area? I have only been able to get out for 2 trips this year one to Talquin for 3 large hens and one to George for a 60 fish trip. The fish at George were were unusally large this time 5 fish over 14" and an average of 11" or 12". I have vacation scheduled for all next week and I am afraid the rains may slow the fishing for this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from lake George thurs. The crappie bite was dead untill thurs we picked up a few trolling minnows and john deer green jigs, we left about noon with more rain and thunderstorms pouring. Patula creek is muddy enough to walk across. The cat fish bite was great

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I will post when I return late next week. I will be staying at Cotton Hill and fishing Patula and Sandy Branch.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going over to White Oak on the 16th. I will be very interested n how things go this week. Save me a few.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get over to Patula? How did things go, what is the water temp, and color. Weatherman says it is going to be nice next week. When sleeping in a tent weather can make a difference.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    Did you get over to Patula? How did things go, what is the water temp, and color. Weatherman says it is going to be nice next week. When sleeping in a tent weather can make a difference.
    Sorrry for not responding until tonight been unable to get online, I hope you found them. I had a very slow week while I was there, finally caught fish in Patula and DragNasty on Thursday and friday. Caught some ice fish after the water level stabilized but only small fish when water level was fluctuating early in the week. The fish I caught had not layed out somybe you hit it good. Looking forward to your next post. I am planning on going over again this weekend the 22nd.

Tracker II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birddog -- Altamaha Crappie ??

Birddog - you ever crappie fish the river? I have a cousin in Jesup that catches good fish (White Perch ) in some of the lakes off the river. I have fished a couple of lakes further down out from Cox and caught a few, but never any size or qty. Havn't fished with minnows and that might make a diff. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

minnows will get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Lake George on Wednesday. Between Saturday evening and Tuesday night we were able to round up about 200 very nice fish. Sunday and Monday were the best days (average was 1 to 2 lbs.), things got slow on Tuesday but we managed to still catch fish. We fished mostly in Moccasin Creek (Gator Slough to some) but caught a few in White Oak Creek as well. The funny thing was that when the sun went down the fish got SMALL. I could not beloeve the difference. We caught as may on minnows as we did on jigs (Chart. curly tails). All the females we caught still have eggs and lots of them.

Since I was camping in a tent I was more thankful for the weather than the fish. I expect things to only get better once this front moves through but with crappie you can never tell.
    Birddog,

Post Thanks / Like

JimA,

Yes I grow up fishing the lakes off the Altamaha (mostly on teh Long Co. side) for every kind of fresh water fish there is. Right now the river is so high at the Jesup end there isn't many places to go except in the river itself. Catfish are really beginning to turn on so I will probably spend some time with them very soon. Since I have wet my appeitte on crappie my next quest will be Shell Crackers. Pound for pound the best fighting fish in the water. What's your cousins name I may know him? Or at least know someone that does.
    Birddog,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast