Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reel Suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reel Suggestion

I just bought and 8 ft and a 10' BnM Uncle Bucks, what kind of reel do you guys suggest i put on them?

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger trion gx-7 spinning reel
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

Post Thanks / Like

You asked for it so, I really like Shimano reels. I've used the Sahara, and the Spirex 1500 and 2500 series. I've never had any trouble with either one. The 2500 series seems to flow the line off the reel better. I think that is due to it's larger spool size. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

For my personal use, I have a couple of Pflueger Presidents and one Pflueger Trion, but about a year ago I went into a WalMart and found a Shakesphere Dimension. It had 10 bearings (just like the Pfleugers), so I bought it. Down here in Texas the Pflueger costs ~$70.00 ea and the Shakesphere Dimension is $35.00. I can honestly tell you that the Shakesphere Dimension is every bit as good...at half the cost. Please understand, I'm not knocking Pflueger in any way (I love the ones I have), but for half the cost at WalMart, I'll buy the Dimension. For my customers reels, I buy the Wally Marshall Pro Series, which I consider the best $20.00 reel that you can get (not near as smooth as the other two mentioned), but if one of my customers throw it overboard, I haven't lost much either.