Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Muddy Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muddy Water

Since the recent rains.......anyone with suggestions on West Point, Blackshear, or Sinclair? Finally got a chance to go, but not sure about where since the massive ranins. Thanks.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

check my post down below about 6 post . the blacksher dock fishing. think it is going to be to muddy and to much floating debree to run the lake . if i wer going i would go ceader creek or swift creeek . they have a landing off the lake and can be fished without running the laken .if you know the upper end around the smokehous aera you can put in at campers haven landing if thr lake isent to high . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Id try Sinclair

Id try Sinclair,Rooty creek is only sligtly stained, and very little floating debri and the reports ive recieved from my nieg bors have been pretty good for conditions. L>O>L>

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you for your replies.....unfortunately I couldn't get on the water at all this weekend....will try during this week before the next rains....looks like some more warm weather to help keep'em up
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shinerunner....nightfishing on Blackshear is good. On Swift creek anyhow. I think that is the clearest water on the lake. Usually is. Like my report said, it was pretty muddy, but they were hitting. Even if you could only fish till midnight, you could catch a few. Acid Rain Khalins, or any other yellow curly tail/jig would work. Black/chartreuse tail sliders or curly tails. Pretty much anything with a chartreuse tail. Or minnows if you got em. Send me an IM if you plan on going. I will tell you exactly what docks I caught fish on. Or just ask it on here. I don't mind tellin. Good luck.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

swift creek is spring fed and will clear up quick. if it dont rain in that aera it want git that mudy . it will have to rain enough to back up into it from the river. papasage

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the insight. I like Cedar and places north. I need to get south and try'em. Aren't there still two landings at Smoke Bridge? I think one was a pay ramp and the other was free, but they both stayed full (day time). Is there a better place to put in? Is there a bait store close? I know RUBO's used to carry bait, but it's been a while since I've been in there. I also heard they had been bought out.

Post Thanks / Like

There is only one open at Smoake now. The free one just to the right as your heading north over the bridge. I'm not sure about bait stores. I bring my own.

Post Thanks / Like

the last time i was over there the stor wasnt open at 7:00am . stopped at the store just north of smoke bridge and they said that some one was opening a bait store father north at the coney road exit . but when i go again i will git my bait the night befor and be ready when i git there . yes RUBO`S was bought out by the indian people . papasage