Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kaweah water level??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kaweah water level??

Hello:

I'm a Missouri fisherman but had the pleasure of being in your fine state on Monday. I drove past Lake Kaweah on the way up to Sequoia and it appeared that the lake level was WAY down -- like 50 feet or so (just a guess from driving by).

Do they do this in prep for the spring melt or was something else going on? Also, I know the lake has crappie but I was wondering how good of a crappie lake it is? Just curious...

Beautiful area out there, for sure.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

It is normal for the lakes in that area to let water out, in preparation for the spring thaw, up in the mountains. There is a real good run off into the lake. I have never fished there, I will drive by on my way up to the mountains to fish the streams.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks wr. Does anyone crappie fish there -- any luck? Dippin' a jig around all of those houseboats at the marina looks tempting...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking on the net and they say that there is crappie in the lake, along with Blue gills trout catfish and bass. I might have to try and get over there some times. I can't count the number of times I have just driven by heading up to the mountains. Oops.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to hear if you have any luck, Bill. It's not a huge lake but, if folks aren't targeting crappie, who knows? Good luck and thanks for the response.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)