Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Home grow waxies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Home grow waxies

I had gotten a container of waxworms for some ice fishing. but due to thee warmer weather i couldent get out as much as i wanted to. So i put my waxworms onto the top of my fridge and forgot about them, a few weeks later i discovered some moths in the bait cup. So i grabbed a 5 gal bucket threw in the rest of the cacoons and some wax paper, and surran waped the top w/ some holes. i currently have had 5 waxworms hatch, 2 died. I was wonderng what is the process i need to go thru to sucessfully raise them. Do i need to feed the moths or give them any water? Also i read that the worms can be steralized by keeping them in a fridge for 5 hours and a very low tem. If domeone can go into a little more detail on how they raise them that would be greatfully appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Kill the BLAM things,A wax worm is a Beekeepers worst nightmare,& I'm a beekeeper:D, They will get in a hive of Bees & eat out the wax,So the name wax worm. I've lost 100's hives of bees over the years becaus of them.......

Post Thanks / Like

I'll kill them alright while im fishing w/ them, Seriously any imput?

Post Thanks / Like

It's often best just to start with Google:

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/waxworms.htm