Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Depth Finders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Depth Finders

I am currently in the market for a new depth finder. I have a humminbird now that I am very unhappy with(lack of clarity is the main thing). In it's defense it is about 6 years old but this season it has just gone to heck. My question is concerning Eagle depth finders. Does anyone have anything to say about them either good or bad? I find myself using electronics more and more each year and I feel they have given me an advantage over other fisherman when it comes to finding structure/ledges and channels. Thanks in advance for youir opinions on Eagle Products.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be disappointed by the performance of Eagle or Lowrance products. I prefer Lowrance but Eagle products are just as good with fewer bells and whistles.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question, is dual freq needed on a freshwater depth finder? what are the advantages of having it?
    Thanks again
    Shaun

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    You won't be disappointed by the performance of Eagle or Lowrance products. I prefer Lowrance but Eagle products are just as good with fewer bells and whistles.
    I think Lowrance makes Eagle.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depth Finders

I stumbled on this link recently. Look at the address line of this page - change the number at the end to 5777. A good discussion on Eagle and others. Then change the number to 2191. Another good discussion that also looks at other options. Hope this helps. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

the first depth finder that I ever bought was a 75 dollor eagle fish finder I think that it was called FIshEasy. it was a good unit thought it could not pick up the fish well but never lost the bottom.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle units are made by Lowrance, like the other fellow said, just a few less bells and whistles on the Eagle units. I've owned Humminbird's, Garmin's, Lowrance, Eagle and Bottomline units. A couple years ago my Lowrance started acting up and I emailed Lowrance about the problems. They never replied to me, so that was the end of Lowrance unit's for me. In fact that same unit was a dud out of the box and had to be replaced when I first bought it. I hadn't had a Humminbird in 5 or 6 years and was hearing alot of good things about them, so I bought a Legend 2000 for the bowmount, which has been great. I just recently replaced my Garmin at the console with a new Humminbird Matrix 37. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Fishfinder's are alot like cars I guess, some like Ford's, some like Chevy's, and some like Dodge's. They all do the same thing, but once in awhile someone gets a dud and forever more they say that brand is no good. Whatever brand you buy, keep your fingers crossed that you get a good one.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagle and Lowrance are great. Same company. I have two Lowrance on my boat right now. But wish I had stayed with Eagle. The problem is the Lowrance have too much power. 3000-4000 watts peak vs. Eagles 1500w. I can hear the Lowrance transducers clicking the entire time they are on. My older Eagles didn't do this. It is annoying. Go get an Eagle 320 or 480 and you will have all you need. I would trade my Low X-135 and X97 for two Eagle 480s to get rid of that clicking noise caused by the increased power sent to the transducer. You can't turn it down either.

I would trade the features and screen quality of the Eagle/Low.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I have narrowed the Eagle field down to the 320 or 480. The only question now is to spend the extra money for the dual freq. or not. I like the features on each model since in all reality I just want to see structure and bottom definition as clearly as possible. I fish one lake that is over 100' deep but I am not fishing that deep of course so I cant justify all the bells and whistles. I have found that if I get a fancy new gadget, I spend all my time messing with the gadget and not doing much fishing so in my case the less bells and whistles the better!! I am going to Cabela's on Monday to get my hands on each model before I buy. Any pros and cons about dual frenquency? Thanks to everyone for thier help and comments.

Shaun

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Eaglemarine.com and download the simulators to your computer before you make a decision. Tou can play with them the way you would as if they were on your boat. It has all the features you will need . I have the 320 and it works well for me. adjust the setting and you can almost see the fish take your jig. I am serious you can watch your jiging action of a 1/32 oz. jig under the transducer at 20 feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast