Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What color?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What color?

Here is the question of the year, and I am sure that there are other threads dealing with this. I fish a lake that almost completely dried up, and I became nervous I wasn't going to be able to fish it this year. WRONG! Topographically it is the bottom of a funnel, and with the run-off, it has filled higher than I have ever seen it. However, this has really "muddy'ed" up the water.

So, the question is...what color for different clarities of water? I know what I like, but I would just like to hear your opinions, as I am always up for suggestions. Anything to help me catch fish in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like chart or white in muddy water - and lots of times, I'll throw on one of those "safety-pin" style spinners to add some flash and vibration.

Post Thanks / Like

When the water is muddy I like bright colors. I've also heard that gold spinners are better than silver when the water is muddy or stained.

I like oranges, hot pinks, green and yellow chartreuses, and whites. Here's a few that I have in the box.

Electric Chicken

Sunset

Post Thanks / Like

Black and Blue, or DarkPurple with a Red tall are my go to dirty water baits.

Post Thanks / Like

In the red clay lakes of west texas where a jig disappears within 6 inches of the surface, my go to jig colors are "electric chicken", hot pink/black/hot pink, and combo's with anything chartruce.

Mud

Post Thanks / Like

Bump