Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many fish is enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many fish is enough?

I have read on this board stories about anglers having 40 or more fish in the cooler. The last recent thread I read was about night fishing and catching so many the cooler was full to the top. I know crappie fisherman keep some fish because they taste great. My question is how many is too many? Reading about 40 crappie in a cooler disturbs me. Are we fishing to feed our family or the town? I release 80% of my fish because I love the fight and keep only the prime fish. So, how many is too many????
    The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive. {George Carlin}

Post Thanks / Like

I read once where Dave Genz, a well-known ice fisherman, said he never freezes fish. In other words, he might keep a weeks supply (at most) for himself.

Post Thanks / Like

I have many family members and friends who love to eat fish but do not fish themselves. Why does it bother you if what someone is doing is legal? I enjoy feeding my family and friends as well as myself.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

I Fish Bass Tournaments Most Of The Year. When The Crappie Are Biting I Try To Catch My Limit And Put Some Up For Later. So I Stock Pile My Freezer. When I Get A Pretty Good Supply I Start Throwing Them Back. I Have Actually Been Several Times Where I Caught 100 To 150 And Only Kept My Limit Of 30. I Just Catch Them And Throw Them Back. It Is Such A Blast Just Getting A Bite And Catching Them.

Post Thanks / Like

i think as long as you have a good use for them you should be able to keep what you want.
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerace View Post
    I have many family members and friends who love to eat fish but do not fish themselves. Why does it bother you if what someone is doing is legal? I enjoy feeding my family and friends as well as myself.

Josh
    I guess taking 40 fish a day from a public fishing area seems selfish to me. You can do what you want legally. I don't care. I just don't like selfish people and that is how I view 40 fish a day in a cooler. I don't know you and I don't wish to offend. Just my view. Maybe you could have a cook out, invite the board and share the fish I threw back for you to catch. I would drink a beer with anyone!
    The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive. {George Carlin}

Post Thanks / Like

Default beer

Don't mean to cause a lot of trouble on the board. But the premice of your post puzzles me. You have a problem with people keeping fish but love to drink beer. How many innocent kids didn't even get a decent meal today, because of a can of beer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tr17 View Post
    Don't mean to cause a lot of trouble on the board. But the premice of your post puzzles me. You have a problem with people keeping fish but love to drink beer. How many innocent kids didn't even get a decent meal today, because of a can of beer?
    I never had a problem with people keeping fish. I have been fishing for 45 years and have kept plenty. A boat load of fish seems too much in a PUBLIC lake. But I said that already. Why don't you send those starving kids your fish dude? What an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default limit

I usaully keep most of the fish I catch. But I do not get to go as much as I want. If I could fish every week or multiple times a week I would not keep every fish I catch, sometimes I may go a couple of times a month then sometimes it's a couple of months before I get to go fishing. So I would think it depends on how often someone fishes. I do not let any of the fish I catch go to waste I put them in the freezer.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast