Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Pdv2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Pdv2

looked at this TM this weekend, thinking of purchase, anyone using one? I need some feedback! If you are using do you have DF transducer attached to it? thanks for your help in advance!
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I use one and love it, though if you can afford the Terrova it is alot better. As for the Transducer I use it so I don`t have loose wires though it is not perfected yet. It seems to get air at higher speeds when longlining.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    looked at this TM this weekend, thinking of purchase, anyone using one? I need some feedback! If you are using do you have DF transducer attached to it? thanks for your help in advance!
    I like mine (autopilot) but it is a pain in the tailpipe to dock and undock. Get the Terrova if you can swing it. MPO
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I use and love mine. I don't have the built in transducer. I have the mine attached with a clamp mount. That is really the biggest inconvenience and only real complaint I have with it is that due to the way it is deployed, there is no good place to attach the transducer wire to keep it out of the way. Eventually I'm sure I'll pinch the wire. As far as performance, I love it. That digital maximizer thing is the real deal. Makes a battery last a lot longer on each charge.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, i found set of instructions on the TM forum for mounting tranducer and dealing with the cord problem. I may go with the universal sonar anyway thanks again
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Basketball Guy Guest

I think we can make it work

Basketball Guy Guest

Smile

If we can it will save you alot of money

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

While on this subject, i wanted to put in my 2 cents. I bought a PD motor 3 or 4 yrs ago because of the layout of my boat. It wasn't my first choice. Foot control cables weren't long enuf to reach the floor of the boat and my front deck is a bit longer than most. When I asked the esteemed TM dealers about longer cables from the factory I was told it was something I would have to upgrade at my own expense. Buy the motor, buy the longer cables, pay to have them changed over, and one guy went so far as to tell me he would keep the shorter cables. I stopped at a dealer in SC the other day and he had many MK 40lb 8' cable motors on hand(standard length is 5'). Had I been able to find one of these I would not be looking at replacing my $75 control pad for the PD motor which is now being uncooperative. I really hate being lied to.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    While on this subject, i wanted to put in my 2 cents. I bought a PD motor 3 or 4 yrs ago because of the layout of my boat. It wasn't my first choice. Foot control cables weren't long enuf to reach the floor of the boat and my front deck is a bit longer than most. When I asked the esteemed TM dealers about longer cables from the factory I was told it was something I would have to upgrade at my own expense. Buy the motor, buy the longer cables, pay to have them changed over, and one guy went so far as to tell me he would keep the shorter cables. I stopped at a dealer in SC the other day and he had many MK 40lb 8' cable motors on hand(standard length is 5'). Had I been able to find one of these I would not be looking at replacing my $75 control pad for the PD motor which is now being uncooperative. I really hate being lied to.
    I bought one 2 years ago a PD with 40# thrust and it came with a foot control on an eighteen foot cable. I can put it any place in my boat I want to. Only thing is when I'm up front there's a large wad of cable piled up there.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the US you will save money in the long run after buying new transducers to replace the ones you cut stowing and deploying the motor! Also the Terrova AP is the way to go alot better set up versus the old PD/AP!!!!
    Mr. Plucker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast