Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blanchard River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blanchard River

Today before the rain moved in fished the Blanchard River, in Findlay,tried next to some trees.. Minnows under bobber, set about 2 feet down. By 5 o'clock the heavy rain moved in and the fished stopped. Did end up with 6 nice crappies. Spring bug big time for a day, good to be on open water.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you have the itch even worse than I do. I never would have thought any crappie would be biting in the Blanchard yet. How high was it? I've been out of town for a couple days.

Post Thanks / Like

On mon was just about normal,maybe a little low. But the rain, and the ice has it up some now. May try Fri. @ Lye Creek bridge w/ minnow under bobber before this big snow storm comes in. LOL. But fished the other day down off of Hemphill St, by the outlet off the rocks and trees.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of Lye Creek or Hemphill After today it's probably going to be a while before the Blanchard is fishable again I'm thinkin. Really gonna hurt the Maumee walleye run too.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not make it out today, worked late. Lye creek, is just down from river side park dam. If the water does not come up to high, may have to try Sunday. But what i like to do if the Maumee River comes up to high, is fish the back creek behind Grand Rapids. This creekuns from the dam all the way down to behind the ice cream shop. This creek has very nice crappie in it in spring, lots of wood and cover too. Flathead minnows under a bobber is best. One more spot, if the locks are closed then in front on main river side, will fish next to the lock doors & along the concrete wall.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'all bringing back a lot of memories. I didn't even know there were crappie in the Blanchard. But back then we never fished with anything except nightcrawlers. I remember we used to catch what dad called dogfish around that dam. Never did learn the real name of them. Lye Creek is where we hung out when we skipped school. This was back in the 50's. Thanks for the memories.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

i live in fostoria ohio which is about45 minutes south of toledo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default size

how big are the ones out of the blanchard

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 to 12 inchs

Not real big yet this year, 10 to 12 inchs. But last year and the year before, back behind the Country Club, all the way down to the bridge @ Bright Rd. Used the boat here but the crappies were up to 15 inchs. Minnows under bobber was best. Down below the dam the fish last year was about 10 to 16 inchs. Now that the dam @ River St. was lowered by 30 inchs it should be interesting. I live outside Arcadia but work in Findlay get to see river every day.