Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Attacked by bluegills

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attacked by bluegills

This morning I took my kids down to a sand beach on Lake Wylie. After playin in the sand awhile they decided they wanted to go swimming so I waded into the water up to my....assets...to keep an eye on em (the kids that is). I looked down and there were a couple dz bluegills swarming around me. They came in closer and started swimming around my legs and a couple bumped me. I moved my legs and even walked a few feet but they stayed with me. Then they started nosing up to my legs and I got nipped a few times. I couldn't shake em. Some people say I'm a bit "saltier" than most, and some say I smell like bait, but I've never experienced anything like it. Anyone else ever have this happen?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

when i was a kid in south georgia we spent a lot of time in the ponds and lakes. no such thing as video games and computers back then. i can remember the brim gathering aound us when we was in the water and theyd come up and tickle us by nipping at our skin
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kunes , we go out to the island at windjammer for a swim during daytime fishing trips.You can find a few mussels and break them open , and the brim will eat out of your hand.We used to try and catch them with our hands but its easier said than done.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

fishinboat Guest

Default bluegill attacks

i always wondered why they nip at people in the water. we have a public beach on our lake and from time to time they will nip and bump at you, my son who is 10 trys to catch them but better luck with a hook.