Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle Gps Problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Eagle Gps Problem?

I'm currently having a problem with my eagle depth finder/gps. The problem is the satelites are not correctly finding my current position. They are close maybe within 500 feet. Installed the longer cable from the antenna to the screen this week but that is the only change and I removed the cable back to the way it was and still have the same problem. Has anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

I would call the manufacture and have them enlighten you..maybe you are not the only customer having this problem

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check to make sure your WAAS is "enabled"? I don't know about Eagle units but all the Garmins I've dealt with have WAAS disabled by default so you have to enable it right out of the box. And if you ever reset the unit or "Restore Defaults" you have to go into "Setup" and enable the WAAS again.

Even with WAAS disabled though it shouldn't be 500-feet off.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Where is your antenna located? Does it have any obstructions around or above it. Could be a bad one.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Figured out how to fix the problem today. If you reset the unit it picked up the position right away. Had to reset a couple of things like time but nothing major. Thanks for the suggestions.