Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quicksilver Premium 2-cycle outboard oil

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Quicksilver Premium 2-cycle outboard oil

Academy Sports currently has it on sale this week only for $12.99 that is the cheapest I have seen it.:D

Post Thanks / Like

where is this place pole bender.wonder if they sell in small containers. or just gallons.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not Polebender but I will do I guess. Beagle it is in Joplin. One of my favorite places to go when down there visiting the in-laws.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle they do have it in smaller containers, but $12.99 is a very good price for a gallon. Acadamy is located in Joplin at 17th and Rangeline. Bass Pro has it on sale March 13th only for $14.88. They have a nice selection of fishing items for a smaller store, I like wallking walking around in a non crowded store looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    Academy Sports currently has it on sale this week only for $12.99 that is the cheapest I have seen it.:D
    Pole Bender...... I don't know a lot about motors & oil. Usally get some at bps, I think it's citgo maybe,9.88 a gal on sale. I have a yamaha 75, do you think a more expensive oil is better? Thanks
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Pole Bender...... I don't know a lot about motors & oil. Usally get some at bps, I think it's citgo maybe,9.88 a gal on sale. I have a yamaha 75, do you think a more expensive oil is better? Thanks
    Frosty

No I do not think more expensive oil is better, I use what has served me well. I have used Quicksilver for years and never had a single oil related problem so I continue to use it. I do not know anything about the CITGO brand other than it is also on sale at Academy for $6.99 a gallon. I do recommend using quality oil and you should always follow the recommended requirements for your motor. My motor (1999 225 EFI) recommends oil with TC-W3 so I check and CITGO states TC-W3. If it has worked well for you I would continue to use. Quicksilver usually sells for $18.00 to $20.00 per gallon and I was only trying to share a cheaper price not convince anyone to change oils if they are happy with what they are using. I plan on looking at the back of the CITGO jug and compare it to Quicksilver next time I need oil. I may be paying more for oil than I need too.

Here is the web site to the Academy weekly ad if you would like to look at it. The CITGO oil add is on page 6.
    http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...ex&target=week

lyad&start=1&lnkSRC=WeeklyAdFromHEADER

Post Thanks / Like

Pole Bender.....Thanks for the information! I do know that tcw-3 is what is recomended, but wasn't sure if I sould get something else. Looks like I've been paying more at bps. Thanks again
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is some serious savings. The oil at the dealer is 30.00 a gallon.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

BPS has Pennzoil marine oil on sale till march 16 for 9.88 gallon
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Pole bender,
    Beagle get the last 3 gal of oil. Saw rob today mr. j ask him about me and give me a call sometime. Got to cut wood today, go to mt. vernon tomorrow to meet beagle.
    later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast