Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BPS Crappie Beaver

Post Thanks / Like

Default BPS Crappie Beaver

Does anybody use these? I picked up a pack the other night, mostly for the color combo of hot-pink with chart tail.

How do you rig them? I'm guessing round jig head for starters, but do you rig them so the flat tail is up and down, parallel to the hook, or horizontal so it's perpendicular to the hook?

I've never used them, and am looking for pointers so I'll be ready if/when spring finally gets here. They look like they ought to be a good bait...so I'm gonna give them a try. Any advice is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I rig em horizontal on jig heads and i rig them on a worm hook like you would if you would be drop shotting this makes them weedless.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing crappie beavers. I personally use the YUM wooly beaver. I use the 1.5" and 2" models a lot (almost every time I use artificial). I am not sure what size you have 1.5" or 2" but I am sure they will work fine. I rig them just like a tube or curly tail. I use 1/32 and 1/16 oz jig heads with the 1.5" models. I use 1/16 and even 1/8 oz with the 2" model. Charlie Brewer's slider heads with YUM wooly beavers make a fantastic combination. The quality of fish I catch is much higher with the 2" beaver than the smaller ones. If you find the 2" model hanging too far off the hook (bite a little off the head of the jig) Be careful when biting on YUM baits, they're a little fishy and salty tasting. I just made a bitter beer face when thinking of the taste. Fish seem to love it though. Good luck with the new baits.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at those beaver tail types... Do you fish them the same way as a hair jig? (Around stumps or they just a trolling lure)
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

I fish them every which way. I have vertical jigged, cast and retrieve, trolled and even under a bobber. I like these baits for artificials. I am a live bait man personally, but I can be pursuaded with the YUM beavertails to fish artificial. Great Baits! I like the slider head jigs with the. I think the slider head jig adds something, I am not sure what, but it does work.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used them and caught some of my biggest crappie on them. Black/Chartuese and Red/ Chartruese have been my favorites. Believe it or not I'll tip them with a minnow and tightline with them. Seems like they always produce my biggest crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

I have for a couple years and its one of my favorite plastics now. Its and excellent slow bait. Its glides.
    Good things come to those who bait.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

YUM Beavertails dont work
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Well explain??? Why they don't work? Everybody else said they do
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pack at BPS the other day. Glad this post was up, now I know how to rig them Thanks.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast