Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question About Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question About Spider Rigging

I Am Just Getting Started At This. I Have Heard Several People Talk About Using B&m Poles With Spinning Reels On Them. Before O Spend Lots Of Money On A Set. I Was Just Wondering If Regular Telescopeing Poles Would Work. I A Have 2 -16 Fters And 2 -20 Fters. Also Several 7 Ft Light Action As Well As Several 5fters And 4 1/2 Fters. Can I Adapt The Poles And Spinning Reel Combinations To Start . Just To Make Sure I Really Like Spider Rigging Before I Make A Major Investment In Long Rods And Rod Holders. I Am Sure They Would Not Be As Good As A Good Set Of Poles But You Can Sink Alot Of Money In A Set Up . I Figured I Would Ask Some Of You That Fish This Way If It Would Work.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no where near an expert on crappie fishing let alone spider riggin, but I think it can be done. My fishin buddy even found a cheap "reel" made for those telescoping poles that attached with zip ties. Seems to work well enough to use. Probably would be ideal for your situation right now. Said he got it a Rose's dime store, but I haven't seen any there myself.

St. Cloud, Fl on the Kissimme Chain of Lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

If you plan to verticle troll, I believe you will not have as much sucess with the telescoping rods. If you are going to slow troll with floats or anchor and fish a brush pile you will be ok. As soon as you see the sucess you have spider rigging I bet,You will soon be making the investment to the tightline style poles that requires a little more back bone than the telescoping rods.
    Keep your bait wet

Post Thanks / Like

i used the telescoping poles for a while but for dragging corks or titelining the WM titeline special is hard to beat.:D