Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About that promise you made......it's time !

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default About that promise you made......it's time !

You know how long you been promising yourself, your wife, your husband, the kids etc that you would find the right life jacket and start wearing it when alone and/or cold water? How long have you been saying it? I know. Well, right now, every store that carries sporting goods just put out a brand new truck load of styles and sizes to fit the short and fat to the tall and thin. Walmart, Kmart, Target, Dicks, Sam's club, Costco and every sporting good store, in every state. Now is the time to try them all one until one feels right. I found mine two years ago at a Boaters World here in VA. I promised my son I would keep it on whenever by myself. I have for two years. Doesn't bind my neck, fits my fat gut, keeps me warm in winter.

Mine fits over two shirts and a thin windbreaker. Then the PFD and cover it with a XXL light weight nylon rain coat. I have fished mornings when it started at 22° and topped out at 33°. That life jacket is a part of me now.

Is is gonna really suck the first couple of times you force yourself to wear it.....yep. Do you need it..........yep. Who is counting on you coming home?

Go get yours.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I wore mine all morning just because I was fishing alone and the water is so cold right now. Something that I normally wouldn't do. Felt good!!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great post, something we all should be doing. I had a brother in law drown almost 27 years ago, he had a life jacket "in the boat", but in the boat did not do him much good.

Post Thanks / Like

Was at BPS yesterday and they are running their big spring fishing sale. They have Sospenders self inflating for 79.88. Reg about 120.00.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good post Ranger......sure is making me think...

Post Thanks / Like

Just scared the heck outta me. I'm headed out to fish right now, now I HAVE to wear it!!
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree completely with this post. Please wear your life jackets especially when you are at throttle going from point A to point B. The crappie will still be there. Don't take chances with your life. If you lose, you will never get it back.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.Thats something we all need to take to heart.
    A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work..

Post Thanks / Like

Guys and gals take this post to heart. I went on a unexpected swimming trip once in Feb. I hit the water at around 70mph and I wasn't wearing a PFD I was lucky I made it back to the boat.I learned a valuable lesson that day.I would not be here if it wasn't for the kill switch on the boat.Always hook it to you when you are running the big engine.They are a life saver !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the excellent reminder for all of us Ranger! Safety first. You ain't doing anybody any good if you wind up as dead as that fish in your cooler.

Be safe folks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast