Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the garbage

Post Thanks / Like

Default All the garbage

Went fishing this morning on the Current river.

I pulled the jon boat over to find a place to relieve myself and once again I was disgusted by the amount of garbage on the banks. Beer cans, McDonalds bags, wire, old tires, on and on.

With all the education, public service annoucements and work on the behalf of countless groups to keep our lakes and rivers clean, why are there still people who use these wild area's as their personal dumps?

Maybe I'm too sensitive...but damn I've seen so much of this that I'm amazed at the the number of morons that must visit our wild and beautiful places.

But the fish...they were a bite'n.

Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you. So many people just don't give a damn. It's a true shame.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I always said I was gonna go out and pick up all the different balls on the banks and clean them up and use them. Have you ever noticed how many kinds of balls are on the banks? Basketballs, footballs, softballs, etc.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    I always said I was gonna go out and pick up all the different balls on the banks and clean them up and use them. Have you ever noticed how many kinds of balls are on the banks? Basketballs, footballs, softballs, etc.

Funny you said that because about 3 weeks ago I found a great nerf football. My dog chewed the sucker up in about 3 minutes when I brought it home.

Yeah there are a lot of balls in the river. lol.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

The first year that I hunted my dog I let her out of the blind to go to the bathroom and she came back with this little foam rubber ball. I been carrying that ball in my blind bag for 5 years and she loves it.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to my home lake two Fridays ago to let my dog run by the boat ramp . I stayed there for over three hours picking up trash . I filled the garbage can up plus two large garbage sacks and still didn't get it all . There is still some at the waters edge I couldn't get to . It's really sad that people will throw their garbage on the ground with a garbage can close by . The world is made up of all kinds of people and some of them don't give a crap .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Upper end of West Point lake near Lagrange, Georgia. Hundreds of Tennis balls, Basket balls, and whole tire/wheel assemblies, straight out of Atlanta. What a mess!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a pair of yard tongs in the boat to pick up the bank when I'm huggin it and the fish ain't biting ..... needless to say my boat looks like a trash can when i get to the ramp !!!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We Fill A Coupla Grocery Bags Everytime We Go! Every Cove Has Trash In It,sure Makes Me Wonder About People?theirs A Bass Tourney This Weekend--that Means When Their Done The Lake Will Look Like Airplanes Went Over An Dumped Garbage!!for The Biggest Part Their A Bunch Of Inconsiderate Morons---not All, Just Most! Oh Well...good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. I went shore fishing yesterday and it was a mess. I know the guys who fish there and i told them about what they were doing. I ask them to bring a garbage bag if they come up today and clean up their mess. Cigarette packs, potato chip bags, line, and other stuff laying right beside them. These aren't young guys either. Like someone said, some people just dont care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast