Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: high rock 3-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default high rock 3-2

teamed up with Fishfinder8 for a trip to the rock. boat in the water shortly after 7 and catching fish by 715. by 900 we had a 2 man limit and by 11 we practically couldnt do no better than what we had. i made a long run down the lake and tried an area where i heard it was good. caught maby 4 down there in bout an hour. moved back to 2nd creek and finished off the day catch and releasing. just a guess, but we probably caught near 80 fish total. all keepers in the well were between 11-15 inches. had a few in the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb range.

Nat and Crap King faired good down there (against all odds they both teamed up and ther was NO WIND!!)

Rookie12 was down there and waxxing them this evening as well. looked like a banner day for all at the Rock! the more i fish it, the more spoiled i become!

btw creig you left your red bag in the boat....its safe here and we'll have to go fishing again in order for you to get it back :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

You are alot safer since it's not a PURPLE bag.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

launched at Buddle Creek with my grandson around 10:00. We went up on Abbotts Creek and got into some crappie at about 14 feet, caught about 20, most less than 8 inches...grandson caught two keepers about 11 inches. Then I suggested we check out a place I used to go on Flat Swamp up the creek. So we go flying off wide open, running at a breakneck speed of 20.8 miles per hour. I could not believe my eyes when I got in Flat Swamp, the last time I was there, none of the houses were built on the right hand side going up. I wasn't even sure I found the right place I was looking for on Flat Swamp. Whats up with the seagulls? I bet there were 200 zillion of them going up the Swamp. But the most exciting thing was I loaded my boat in two tries this time, not six.
    Last edited by poppop; 03-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I talked to my boat mechanic at the dock and his boat (3 people) limited out by 12 trolling on the bottom 23' deep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    launched at Buddle Creek with my grandson around 10:00. We went up on Abbotts Creek and got into some crappie at about 14 feet, caught about 20, most less than 8 inches...grandson caught two keepers about 11 inches. Then I suggested we check out a place I used to go on Flat Swamp up the creek. So we go flying off wide open, running at a breakneck speed of 20.8 miles per hour. I could not believe my eyes when I got in Flat Swamp, the last time I was there, none of the houses were built on the right hand side going up. I wasn't even sure I found the right place I was looking for on Flat Swamp. Whats up with the seagulls? I bet there were 200 zillion going up the Swamp. Can you eat seagulls? But the most exciting thing was I loaded my boat in two tries this time, not six.
    Flat Swamp has changed alot the last 5 years. Good deal on the boat loading. Try a seagull and tell me if you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

nat, how did you batter those crappie yesterday? I fixed the two my grandson caught today....and he said, "I don't want to hurt your feelings, but the crappie yesterday were so much better." I think mine weren't as good because I just fried them in the pan and didn't deep fry.

I was thinking that some people eat those old tough Canadian Geese, seagulls gotta be similar...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    nat, how did you batter those crappie yesterday? I fixed the two my grandson caught today....and he said, "I don't want to hurt your feelings, but the crappie yesterday were so much better." I think mine weren't as good because I just fried them in the pan and didn't deep fry.

I was thinking that some people eat those old tough Canadian Geese, seagulls gotta be similar...
    They were breaded in House Autry Seafood Breader, it's better than sliced bread. I try to let the filets set for a little bit so that the breader is moist before dropping them in the oil. Try a cajun seasoning on pan fried crappie, use a non-stick pan with Pam or a very little amount of oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, just for the record, anything that Jay tells on here will be a lie. BTW, he needs a new rod, he had a mishap with his 8' W/M. Did you know that they won't float?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks........is that House Autry Seafood Breader easy to find in most grocery stores?

Post Thanks / Like

Foodlion and Walmart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast