Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how did everyone do this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how did everyone do this weekend?

just curious to see how everyon did on there speck hunt's? hope everybody stayed safe. terrible condition's this weekend. man i wish i had a pond to go too for these time's. here i come berry bend this weekend:D prolly won't use my kansas license for awhile
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with Ed and we talked about your excursion. Sounds like you guys had it pretty tough with the weather and lake conditions. Always another day but it does get frustrating. Hopefully we can catch a weekend before Spring Camp and make something happen. Did you get any sleep?
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

I, too talked to Ed earlier today. Sorry to hear about the tough fishing, Jeff. I know you two were hoping to load the boat. I'm sure you weren't alone with the conditions being like they were. Good times, they are a comin.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

well it least we got to feel some bam's...chalking this one up for one of those good commorotory weekend's... cuz we did do some laughing and had a great time.
    oh ya and someone got more sleep in than a lot of people do in a week. little R and R never hurt anyone
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Jeffie. Thot you and Ed might want ot know that ML is thawed finally. It might be a better option soon? Keep in touch.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Truman

Well let's see, got up Sat. morning and drove to Truman. Hit a submerged tree in the first 15 minutes luckily just with the boat and missed the motor. It did spook me!! Water was like you said chocolat milk, with wind, waves, and white caps. Tried to find some bluffs out of the wind to fish. Graphed lots of fish but no bites, tried numerous colors with no luck. Moved a lot from Hwy U bridge to Hwy 7 bridge, ended up with one wisker fish that I ended throwing back.

I think the JJ's have a limit up stuffed crappie :Dthey carry around in the truck and take pictures of them at different locations.:D Has anyone ever seen a close up picture of there limits at Truman????????:D J/K.

No really I just think the conditions were not right and the spots I wanted to fish were in the wind and just could not. I plan to go back when I can take a guided trip to learn the area there are just to many tree's to be comfortable when you do not know the area and being blown around by the wind.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished Windsor city lake today. Caught about 25 dinks and a little green fish to. All under a bobber. Black/chartruse with nibble. Used the wind for jig action.

Post Thanks / Like

Pole Bender.... That will sure make a feller PUCKER !! Glad you & boat are ok. Long way to go for a day like that! All I'm going to say is don't think MRS.JJ would do that! he he
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman

Went to Truman this weekend, weather was nice but windy, caught one lone keeper. Everyone I talked with was having the same day. It was nice to get out but the wind was brutal. Hope everyone made it in safe. Last year on a windy day we hit a big tree just under the surface with the trolling motor and it tore the whole mount off the boat, saved the motor, but it was a little dicey and it gave us great respect for the wind
    smile, people always wonder what you are up to

Post Thanks / Like

Fished local fishing hole and caught 10 keepers, 10-13 inchers, then caught a bass and everything shut down. Had to get back to work. Bass was a 4 pounder, released and quit! Didn't get back Sunday as was very busy with other activities!