Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fun time getaway weekend at toronto, fall river, woodson

Post Thanks / Like

Default fun time getaway weekend at toronto, fall river, woodson

well men it was a tough weekend fishing wise. got down there friday with about three hour's of daylight. threw crap in cabin and got on the water. it was tough get'n the boat in. the lake is so far down it's just 2 1/2 of silt you gotta back into. finally did that between the silt and the lake being way down it was more like 10 feet down. don't think a bigger boat than my boat would of been able to even launch. graphed fished could'nt get them to bite. mouth of mann's cove were it should of been 18-20 feet was 8-10...looked like chocolate milk. talked to several people the future of that lake doesn't sound to promising. it was only suppose to last 50 years and it was built in 1952...super windy on saturday morning so head'd to woodson lake cuz it's down in the holler. me and baller used our superb knowledge,lol...looked the lake over and picked a spot. we started graphing a ton so dropped a jig, bam, bam, bam. only problem they were'nt keeper's. gotta be 10 inche's they all averaged about 9 1/4 with some little chip's. but man they were smack'n it...tried to find some bigger one's but the wind did'nt allow much for us to fish. we got pushed off about noon. caught around 50 and 1 keeper. oh and i'm gonna post it. tried to hold it were it would look better but. bug's, we went to homer's meat market. man we sat in there and bs with a couple gent's and talking with the little gal that run's it...neat place and great people. said she would have breakfast if we want for our camp and whatever we want. bought a couple porkchop's. huge went to fall river, my word it was 30 mile wind's. not even a barndog boat would of helped. drove around the whole thing. talked to some people throughout. big place. to wide open for my little boat, you could of surfed on the waves. looked like a smaller stockton. all wide open and lot of rock...well we ate well and saw a ton of wildlife, 3 buck's, one real nice one, they all still were sporting there antler's... turkey's everywhere. we drove a lot of gravel road's just fart'n around. this weekend was suppose to be just a make up getaway for my #1 fishing partner and buddy.. we had a great time and was good to still go. lot of fun, thanx big daddy! had some great grub, drank a few cold one's, went and bs with deb and the gang. super friendly people. anyway's gonna post some pic's. of our weekend. oh ya forgot the duke did make it forgot to take a pic of it sorry, no proof, but he was in the room with us...one pic is baller fishing fall river, he wanted to say he got to fish fall river, also the big porkchop's and i fried tater's and onion's all from deb's of course. man she must get her stuff from texas. everything is huge. and ive got 4 reason's why big daddy does'nt drink to much. this was after 4 busch lites. it was 4 in the afternoon. i found some good folk's to drink with since my partner is a lightweight. sorry all wish i had some pic's of big crappie but i have some good pic's of good time's. hope all had a safe weekend

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics. I wish yall would have found a few more keepers. Hey Baller, wake up and pass the doughnuts.:D

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time. Great pictures. You weren't fibbing, the pork chops were huge.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

well little buddy at least ya'll got to have an adventure. now you got some camp fire stories to tell..... oh and I must say IT WILL GET BETTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pic's Jeff. Nice sunset!, not a bad crappie, it's not the 2# you were hoping for. Still sounds like you made the best of it. Your pic's kinda help me to think of things I need to get ready for camp......oh yah....NEW SOCKS!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looked like a good time even if the fish and wind did not cooperate.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you had a safe trip,,,now how did the armadillo taste,,you did bar-b-que it didn't you?we use to call-em turtle on the half shell
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

great pics
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Pic's Jeff, I agree it is fun to see pic's from everyones weekend. I will make an effort to take and post more pic's.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread Jeffie......lightweight daddy better pick it up a notch so he'll be able to hang with the big boys at camp
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast