Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which ultra light spinning reel should i buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default which ultra light spinning reel should i buy?

i am about to purchase a couple of new spinning reel. i dont want to spend a fortune. what brand and size would you suggest for 6lb. line 5'ft rods for shooting piers and casting to open water brush? i throw 1/32 , 1/24, and 1/16 th oz jigs. mostly 1/24. what would be the cheapest but still give me good quality. i am thinking about the pinnacle deadbolt DUL20C or the pflueger trion 4725gx. does any one have either of these reels? if so what do you think about them. any other suggestions? thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 4725 trion gx-7 and it has to be one of the best reels I have ever used especially for the money. The drag is awesome on this thing. If you decide to get one I promise you will not be disapointed. I use 6 lb. wally hi-vis line and a 7 ft. rod. Hope this helps. - Charles
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the browning ultra lights good little reels for the money

Post Thanks / Like

I use the pflueger UL spinning reel on the pflueger 5ft rod. I use 4# and 6# line on them. In my opinon they are well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish5 View Post
    i am about to purchase a couple of new spinning reel. i dont want to spend a fortune. what brand and size would you suggest for 6lb. line 5'ft rods for shooting piers and casting to open water brush? i throw 1/32 , 1/24, and 1/16 th oz jigs. mostly 1/24. what would be the cheapest but still give me good quality. i am thinking about the pinnacle deadbolt DUL20C or the pflueger trion 4725gx. does any one have either of these reels? if so what do you think about them. any other suggestions? thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Shimano Symetre or Daiwa SS 700. Both are GREAT reels that will last for years.

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking at $40 reels I suggest taking a look at the daiwa regal xia. Its $50, but its the best $50 reel I've ever seen.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...333&hasJS=true

I also suggest being careful when buying ultralight reels if your concerned with loopy line when fishing with small lures. Tiny spools tend to coil the line more than larger reels. I suggest trying slightly larger reels on the rod you want to see if they balance out well enough for you. You get better drags, longer casts, and less line trouble with larger spools.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-02-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of the Pfleuger Trions and I don't have any complaints. Good price, great reel.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shimano

I SELL AND USE SHIMANO IX REELS FOR $9.95.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

I like Shimanos myself, they have them in every price range! The 1000s and 750s are great. Seinna,Sedona, or Spirex!

Post Thanks / Like

cant beat mitchell reels 308 or the 310 espcially when you catch them on sell for $12.00 at bps bought around 10 last year at that price use them all the time no problems at all they usually cost $40.00.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast