Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wapp. report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default wapp. report?

I didn't catch but about a half dozen small fish. Vertical jigging in 12'/16', noon to five. I talked with several guys, one boat had five keepers that they said was around 12". They said that they had only caught about four or five others. Most guys had said that they had not done too good either. It was a little windy. Having only one anchor makes it tough to stay over brush like I wanted to. It may be time for anchor #2.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished from 7:30-3:00 on saturday. We fished Asher, possum, millet field, and buffalo cove. We boated about 40 fish with 8 keepers. They were not hittin very well. Most of our fish came off a hump on a flat that was 5-6' in 8-9' of water. It was a LOT slower than I thought it was gonna be. We were fishing jigs under a float. We fished anything from 15' to 4' of water.

thanks
    longshot

Post Thanks / Like

Fished possum and lost creek on Sat. from about 1 until 5. We caught 50 or so but only 4 keepers and none were over 10.5. Fished water from 8-16 deep long poling at depths of 4-12 ft. Couldn't believe we didn't get into a mess. Pretty much a disappointment. Was a nice day to be on the water though. Also, I heard through the grapevine that the rangers were hiding out with binoculars, and also checking people for licenses and fish. Anyone get checked?
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did when I came out. It was about noon or so, at Rockwood yesterday. I saw an agent truck there Sat. when I came out but didn't get checked. Noon is as long as I could stand it. Jumping waves coming down the lake, my anchor bounced loose. It landed on a pole tip, breaking it. Didn't catch one fish, but it was a nasty day to be out. LOL
    Last edited by talltimber; 03-03-2008 at 04:56 PM.