Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eno

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eno

We caught just over 100 fish and struggled to get 20 or so keepers out of the catch.The river is eat up with fish,but the big must have either been up or down river from where we were.Try to stay out of the wind to no avail.Looked like Mexico City,Mx along the banks.Water was in the mid 40's to start with,but quickly warmed up to around 49*f.Caught a couple of the white bass,one was about 3/4 of a lb,the other was small.Enjoyed it with my 7 year old ,my nephew and his buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack looks like you had a good time with the 100+ fish (even if you could only get 20 to bring home, I bet the kids had a ball) but on the other hand it sounds like you were dodging flying bobbers all day :S !

How did the water level look? I was thinking about heading that way in the morning, but launch at the Hickory Hill ramp and head toward the Rail Road Bridge.... I am actualy looking to get into a few white bass and I think if they are in the river in any sorts of numbers, they are going to be there in the lower part ....

-REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

Red,the water is up a good bit since the last time i was there.There was alot of trash/sticks floating in the river in certain spots.Did not have any trouble launching at Red Mill.Good Luck to you,friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jack I thnk I am gonna slip over that way after breakfast and see whats up

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... I made it over about 2 0'clock and the only fish I caught was one small Crappie about the size Of my thumb and 1 Bowfin of all things! I wasn't expecting the Bowfin... thought it was a Catfish... So looks like what ever fish are in the area are up river a bit.. wind was blowing a bit this afternoon..

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the place you and buzz went to a while back and slayed them isnt it. Maybe the fish that were there are the ones that have moved into the river now. I have talked to some people who said they did well on the crappie there at the hickory hill boat ramp. How was that ramp by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

FC, Yes I fished the same area by the railroad bridge... It was absolutely full of carp, they there jumping all over the place. I talked to a few paople at the Hickory Hill landing and they were not doing much either.. All I saw caught were very small catfish.